Listview items missing visible line separator between items

Since the last build in Aug, my listview items no longer display a visible line separator between items. I addressed the fontsize issue, but can’t seem to get the line separators back. Your help is appreciated. My new release is pending this hopefully, one little thing. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been reverted in the new release. Perhaps @Susan_Lane can advise....

1 Like

Hmm. We didn't knowingly change this. The issue of separator lines has come up in the past, but I was under the impression that the old ListView did not have them.

At this point, I've tested so many different versions of ListView that I don't remember. I'd appreciate more information. When was there a line separator between ListView elements? Did it always appear, or only in certain configurations?

1 Like

iirc, it was there before the new listview.

1 Like

I'll discuss this with the team. Apps built with the old ListView really should be as close as possible to what they looked like then.

1 Like

Capture Dragging Ball1
parallel_listview_canvas_scroll.aia (5.7 KB)

There were lines.

2 Likes

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Since I created the app in 2019 the line separators were always there. The app itself has been on Google Play since 2019 with over 5,000 users. The lists all use Listview and are updated quarterly or more frequently based on data received. As for configuration, I pretty much created my own template to work with so screens and sections within the food categories have the same format, layout, typeface, size etc.

1 Like

Here there were already problems.

3 Likes

Hmm. Perhaps this is why I wasn't tracking it as a feature.

I don't know how easy it will be to add the separator line, and it sounds like it will probably be inevitable that some people will get a line they didn't expect instead of currently people failing to see a line they do expect.

I'll look into it.

1 Like