Is there anyway I can Make an app for ios?

Hello again.

Sorry for the question, but those of you who develop for iOS and Android, could you tell me what environments you use for both systems?

From what I've seen, @Anke I think he has a Mac for iOS development, maybe with Swift or xCode? How much can both systems cost?

For Android development, do you use MIT?

In my company we are not dedicated to the mobile application market, but we want to implement a tool for them and with Android I would have it covered with the application that I have made with AI2, but for iPhones ...

I have done the development with thunkable, but for my solution it works fatal, much slower and in Android there are things that do not work correctly.

Following @ChrisWard answers, I am trying to look at B4x and Altova. Today I spoke with a former colleague from college and they told me that their company uses Xamarin but they have a Mac.

The topic of iOS development is getting very frustrating.

The truth is that I do not like the apple brand at all, and as my wife says the "karma" for that lack of love for the brand is turning against me.

Thanks and best regards.

Either you wait a few more months until the build server for iOS is available or you create the app (ipa) with Xcode / Swift, for which you need a Mac. I do it with Xcode & Swift on a Mac Mini (> 1000 EUR + 100 $ for Apple DevAccount, annually).

However, creating an iOS app with Xcode / Swift has nothing in common with AI2. You have to start from scratch.

1 Like

I would seriously look into this, I think it would save time and money not just in development, hardware etc but also when updates are required.

Yes, a web app can always be considered as a possibility. Unfortunately, many features of a native app cannot be implemented with it.

In other words: Web apps have limitations since they can’t access a mobile device’s native features.
Maybe a hybrid app using Flutter or React Native ...

1 Like

Depends whether it actually needs to be a web app or simply a mobile friendly website. If a web app, then take a look at Spider Basic.

1 Like
1 Like

Although we have weighed it, for the moment we have ruled out the web application option.

The solution I am working on involves less technical and commissioning complexity.

In the case that it was a web application:

• In the facilities where it would be used, it is not guaranteed that we will always have an internet connection.
  • In case of problems on the server side, the failure would be more global.
  • It is difficult to scale the volume of traffic that we would have and on top of that that traffic would be very punctual in time.

Oh! I just came up with a new option! JavaScript with cookies! Please don't make me think so much!) :man_facepalming:

Hi Luis

The website can be stored on the device as part of the App Assets, no internet required, so your 'host' App is essentially just a Web View Component. That might make it much easier to produce an IOS version of the App when App Inventor IOS is ready.

Or not have an App at all and just view the on-device site with the phone's browser, a one-off download from your website.

If it were my company, I would be seriously considering taking people off IOS and have everyone use Android - a single platform to manage rather than two. Even when you can get an App onto IOS, I think you will find there is more hassle and cost than to do the same for Android.

1 Like

The application needs to store information and use part of the information to dynamically generate a page (thanks to the PuraVida @Taifun example).

Through Companion I have already tested the application on Android and iOS. In both it works. I'm waiting for the iOS build project to go further to see how this can be done with them.

I wish that my company did not use iPhones, but my boss is in love with the apple brand (and some commercial too). Personally ... well I'll tell you that one day I passed by an apple store and the automatic doors didn't even open ... but hey ...

The issue is that the application will not be used only by my company staff, in fact it is not aimed at my company staff and although "I estimate that" taking into account the target audience, the iOS version will be used minimally, it is possible have someone out there to use it.

A summary of the application is:
Through a PC application, I generate QR codes that contain user information and that after scanning, the user's information is stored on the mobile.
With that information, I generate a QR code for the user to identify himself to computers so that he can do a series of tasks (and even define more or less the task to be carried out).
Once the work is done, the computer generates a summary that is communicated to the mobile through another QR code, so that this information can be consulted.

Sounds like you are working for the CIA :grin:

1 Like

I doubt it. I'm sure if the CIA wanted to make us speed up iOS build release they'd have a way of doing it...

1 Like

Sure! but no :pensive:... hopefully!

If I worked at the CIA, I don't think I'd have a problem getting a Mac either. No, I work in a company related to the food sector, but that does not mean that sometimes I do something cool! :hugs:

Hello everyone,
I am following this conversation with great interest since I am intending to program apps for the patients of my clinic : some come with an android phone :grinning: but a lot of them come with iphone :sob: ... well, I am planning to make an app in the context of a graduation, but if I rely on the OS of the patient it's a problem :wink:

I was wondering if using an Android Emulator for IOS could be an issue. Did someone already try ?
@ChrisWard I keep in mind the idea of making a web app although I am not sure how to do it :wink:

:wave:

Hello Hé Lène

It all depends entirely on what the App is actually required to do.

Clearly a non-starter! :upside_down_face:

Clearly a non-starter! :upside_down_face:

Sorry, I am not sure to understand : do you mean it is not for beginners (like I am) ?? do you have experience with it ? what would you recomand ?
thx

Well, I meant that you cannot use an Android Emulator with IOS - what were you thinking of? Do you have a link we can see?

indeed, I was wondering if this was an existing option ... but your answer tells me it is not the case :joy:

What do you want the application for? Advertising? Customer control?

I am counting the days so that they can be done with AI2. At the moment, with "another similar to AI2" I am trying to throw ... but I want to jump back to AI2 whenever possible, because after trying both ... I like AI2 much more (even if they made a payment would continue to see a much better option).

I suppose that it will also depend on the rush you have or what you want to deepen (or if, as for example happens with @Anke , you want to dedicate yourself to making more applications for both platforms)

me ? I want to build exercises for my patients (having trouble after cerebral lesions) ... not exactly the same as you :joy:

Xcode is the graphical interface you'll use to write iOS apps. Xcode includes the iOS SDK, tools, compilers, and frameworks you need specifically to design, develop, write code, and debug an app for iOS. For native mobile app development on iOS, Apple suggests using the modern Swift programming language.

1 Like