Is there a problem with trying to clear list?

Yeah I'm not trying to trick anyone I want it to work.

tell you what I'll upload a video tomorrow.

no
please provide a screneshot of your relevant blocks as sugested by @ABG and show us, where exactly you are using the create empty list block to clear a list
thank you

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

try to keep up, I've already done that.

Sorry thought you were talking about the emulator. What's the do it facility? I'll get the screen shots later but think a video would show it better.

See Live Development, Testing and Debugging
from
FAQ Section: Debugging

The 'do it'selection stays greyed out.

you will have to connect to the companion app for this to work

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Sorry my mistake, I was using the build apk, I like the companion though.

This is when I first run through the app, the list in global data is empty and I'm storing the data in tinydb under the tag dad,front,10 seconds.

On the second run through the list in data is showing empty and I'm using a different tag dad, front, 30 seconds. however I'm getting the 10 second data and the 30 second data. What makes me think the global data create list is not clearing is if I build the apk and turn the app off between runs it works fine.

you might have this issue

Taifun

could be but why would it work when I come out of the app and then go back in?

do you store the new list in TinyDB after modifying it?
Taifun

yeah when the data gathering starts I use the create list to clear the old data. I store the list in the same variable that is now clear and when the data gathering has finished I store it in tinydb.

This is when I first run through the app, the list in global data is empty and I'm storing the data in tinydb under the tag dad,front,10 seconds
On the second run through the list in data is showing empty and I'm using a different tag dad, front, 30 seconds. however I'm getting the 10 second data and the 30 second data. What makes me think the global data create list is not clearing is if I build the apk and turn the app off between runs it works fine.

You are using a global variable as your tag for your TinyDB READ into your data variable.
How do you know if it is current to what you are looking for?
Could you instead rebuilt the tag on the fly and feed it directly?

I select the tag to be used at the beginning of the app and all the data for that tag is stored at the end. When I have a different tag it should pull up the data stored previously to that tag. And it works when I come out of the app between runs but not if I don't.

a short video of the app running with the device. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNyEu2Kt04

Just checking ... The bolts don't run clear thru the head, right?

Any way, so it looks like you are collecting data and graphing it on the fly.

Is there a Start button for initialization, or are you using a Screen.Initialize event for that?

The screen initializes and you select the trainee and exercise and duration which will be the tag. When you press start the objects on display turn to false and the graphing part turns to true.

more pics,image

Do you want to keep a historical record of this, or are you going to reuse that tag every time he does this exercise again?