Internal Bug Issue

I have a student who is experiencing difficulty completing her app assignments. She is able to create the user interfaces, but as soon as she tries to code the apps she gets the "Encountered Bug" notification.

This has happened on multiple app files. I had her try using different types of browsers and computers (Mac/PC) but she's still experiencing the issue.

This was the error code I had her forward:
notes = Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1 Safari/605.1.15
foundIn = nb186
faultData = com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: Exception caught: (TypeError) : undefined is not an object (evaluating 'k.substring')
projectId = 5602596964663296

I had her send me the .aia file so I could test it on my account - no issues on my end. Is it perhaps an account error?

If you post the .aia here, we can double check it.

Also, how fast is her Internet connection, and does she also watch videos on it while working in AI2?

I'm not sure how fast her internet is, nor if she's running a lot of other things. She screenshared with me yesterday and I didn't see many tabs open (but, there could have been multiple windows hiding). I can find that out.

PresidentsQuiz2.aia (87.5 KB)

No problems here with loading the aia and going to the blocks editor.

7zip shows a numerical user name (mine is agetzler)
Capture

versus one of my projects:

I can't see any problem editting the project, other than it started out with just an empty init global variable block.

This is sounding environmental, assuming she is working from home.

Look for script blockers and web safeguards that can be disabled on a site by site basis.
They might be interfering with Blockly on a household basis.

Also check there is no ad blocker or virus blocker running in the browser

Is she attempting to use the emulator? If she is using a Mac? Emulator not running on MAC and Emulator not running on MacOS 10.13.6 might apply.

If she is working with Companion. Is she using Companion 2.60, if not she should upgrade her Companion. When she brings companion up on her Android to connect, she might check the box that says "Use Legacy Connection" that might have a positive effect Sean.

Judging by this

appinventor.ai_150020868.McLeodPresidentsQuiz.Screen1

If I remember correctly at least at Appybuilder we had issues with accouts/email's that started or was numerical.

E.g. 73boban@g..., 123456@g.. etc, dont work while boban73@g.. works..