Image to CloudDB

Hi Jeff - off on a tangent there :grin:

If you are going to document file handling, Media and Non Media, that would be great. I suggest you read @Anke Guide on the subject and get her permission to publish her chart - a picture paints a thousand words, it makes the subject of Android files much easier to understand.

The CloudDB documentation certainly needs instructions for use with image files. If anyone at MIT has the time, it would be even better if CloudDB could be enhanced with dedicated Blocks for uploading/downloading image files. This would make it easier to understand.

1 Like

@jis See here from 1 month ago( I did tag you in the topic below):

I say again, you should never need to create AppInventorBinaries. The system (App Inventor) should take care of it for you.

Looks like it doesn't always happen, and that is a bug, which I am now in the process of tracking down.

-Jeff

So the fact that we don't create AppInventorBinaries is in fact a regression. I have submitted a pull request with the fix.

5 Likes

Is there anyone who have aia file(full project) for uploading any image to google drive or any other cloud? help me........:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

This topic shows how to upload an image to cloudDB

To upload any image to google drive:

1 Like

Thanks,....I'll try to do it☺

And is there any way to save files in the cloud from the device but first need to capture that picture from the app camera

Yes, use the image block from the camera's picture taken event. You may also want to resize the image before uploading.

@Muhammad_Usama if You want You can try FileStack extension to upload, download, delete, overwrite images or other files.

1 Like

How to set path and handle them when initializing them??

More explanation here please Muhammad -which solution you are referring to?

Hi @Muhammad_Usama, i think you are speaking about filestack extension. Read the post about the filestack extension, you find how to set the handle, and you can try the sample project to see how i set path and handle.
Best regards
Marco

Thanks everyone to solve my problem

Before you commit to filestack, check out their prices:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: image to cloud then display

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.