I wanted to do something like the google calendar for my medication manager and reminder

I want to create an application a medication manager for my final year project but I'm having many difficulties and I don't know where to start, I already tried to search some videos on the topic but none seem to be helpful to me.

The app would consist in basically an calendar where you can add your medications and choose whether it is daily then it would open a dropdown list where you can state if it is everyday, at a certain day of the week, weekly, monthly or annually and set the hours along with adding other things related to the medication (name, description, etc...)

The app would have to handle notifications itself and run on the background and not use the phone's clock/alarm application like Taifun's alarm extension does.

And it would needs to have an screen where you can edit the medication, like if you spelled the name wrong and you need to change, to change the hours the notification will appear, etc...

I really need help for this project, Unfortunately I am a student and I am not in a good financial position, but, this application more than for the school, It would be for the elderly people but manly I did this thinking about my grandma.

duplicate post