I need help with exporting data from app inventor to google sheets

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make an application where I can export some data from my app to google sheet. The data is being exported, but when I do it with special characters (Example: José, Martínez, Mañana) it exports the data to my google sheets but without the special characters (Jos, Martnez, Maana). Is there any way I can make my application to export the data correctly? Thanks!

You probably use the "putText" block?

Try it this:

instead of this:

I tried the method you gave me and it didn't work. This is how my block looks and it's exporting the data successfully, the only problem is that it won't copy the special characters to google sheets.

As I wrote above. They'll replace their method with mine, and it will work. You just need to change "number=" to "?number=".

See this guide:

Works OK for me:

@amercado

p136ii_googlesheet_GET_POST.aia (3.2 KB)

Use GET
or
POST and UriEncode

GET: El ñandú de Cádiz.
POST + UriEncode: El ñandú de Cádiz.

function doGet(e) {
var sheet = SpreadsheetApp.openById(e.parameter.Identificador_Hoja).getSheetByName(e.parameter.Nombre_Hoja);
var func = e.parameter.func;

if (func == 'myFunction') {
rx = e.parameter.rx;
cx = e.parameter.cx;
vx = e.parameter.vx;
sheet.getRange(rx,cx).setValue(vx);
return ContentService.createTextOutput("Agregado con GET.");
}
}

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

function doPost(e) {
var sheet = SpreadsheetApp.openById(e.parameter.Identificador_Hoja).getSheetByName(e.parameter.Nombre_Hoja);
var func = e.parameter.func;

if (func == 'myFunction') {
rx = e.parameter.rx;
cx = e.parameter.cx;
vx = e.parameter.vx;
sheet.getRange(rx,cx).setValue(vx);
return ContentService.createTextOutput("Agregado con POST.");
}
}

Your method worked! I just changed number to ?number and it works perfectly. Thank You!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.