I am getting : Start (1) + length (1) - 1 exceeds text length (0). I dont understand what i am doing wrong

Test_1_Puzzle.aia (373.5 KB)

Please only take a look at screen3 , I don't mind taking a look at other screens but they arent complete.

Sorry when I posted the question it was 2 am or 3 am i was staying awake late to finish it. I felt sleepy and slept.

Ik i am posting it again but i am in a state of urgency, and I apologize in advance.

Test_1_Puzzle.aia (373.5 KB)

I have uploaded the aia file please look into it , please only look into screen 3 the rest of the app isn't complete yet.

I have to get this completed in a few h hours at most.

Please do not post duplicate topics. This makes the topic unclean, even if you are in emergency. But I understand your situation, I am looking into the AIA. :slight_smile:

yes i understand and i am really sorry but need it finish this up within the next few hours.

Thank you so much for trying to help me btw

have you found out what is wrong with that block?

Your problem is in here:

You may want to look here at some Wordle code examples

i was able to fix that part with the help of another person, I am running into another error now ( fix was just to put callings into a if condition where list not equal to empty string )

and that error is ?

Select list item: Attempt to get item number 98 of a list of length 5: [com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.TextBox@a848037, com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.TextBox@a23c30d, com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.TextBox@816e8d3, com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.TextBox@8d68309, com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.TextBox@c5d3f2f]

have you looked into it ?

The answer is in your error message, first line

yes, i understand that but could you suggest a fix? because I cant come to understand what I did wrong there.

(topic deleted by author)

Here you set an index of 98 or 99 (it fails on the first one) when you probably mean 1 or 2 ?

no, they are supposed to be random numbers and when I call the function the numbers get changed in the list accordingly

yes, there are only 5 texboxes in a row, you are setting the index to 98

could you suggest a fix to it ?

Repair the damage by not asking for an index of 98/99

so that should fix it? thx

errors still occur in same area