How do you select or switch cameras?

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a little camera app. I'm using the Camera component in MIT App Inventor, it works, but I can't find a way to use another camera of my phone. It takes pictures using the 16 megapixel camera, and I'm looking a way to take pictures using the 64 megapixel camera.

So, I need to know a way to select or switch the current camera. Is it possible with the Camera component or I need an extension? Which extension could solve the issue?

Thank you very much for your answers, best regards.

You will need an extension
Try the

My camera extension also is able to switch cameras App Inventor Extensions: Camera | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, it seems it could not do what I was wishing, because I can select only between "front" camera and "rear" camera, but not my hi-res front camera.

Does the original camera app on your phone allow you to select the front camera?

Yes, it has two buttons to select 16MP (normal resolution) or 64MP (super hi-res mode).

My extension is able to switch between all available cameras... however as the extension is designed to take pictures programmatically there is no preview available

Taifun