How to make a dashboard system for appinventor

Hi,
How we can build Dashboard system for Appinventor in which user can login/register for builder.
The main function is the info regarding users projects can be showed in that dashboard.

1 Like

Just edit the code, thats it :wink:

1 Like

Thanks For Your Reply,
However, can you tell specifically what to edit?

3 Likes

I am not sure, I am a newbie :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The source code are all here

I don't know if it's related.

1 Like

It's the appinventor sources but I am talking about a dashboard which connects with appinventor to get the data.

You could provide a more complete specification of what you're looking to achieve? Is this a dashboard for administrators? Is it a dashboard for particular users? What type(s) of data is it supposed to show?

2 Likes

Its a dashboard that will show info regarding the appinventor projects that the specific logged in user has created in the builder...

What kind of information? What would you want to show that the project list doesn't already show? This seems like a very underspecified task to me.

In a simple way : -

He needs to make dashboard for his all the projects for the app builder, just like what kodular does, when we go to account.kodular.io.

1 Like

Like, MBs of assets are there in that project, what will be the approx. size of the apk after compiling it (I can calculate it by getting the size of an empty project + the size of assets there) etc

My question is how to connect the app inventor with an external site (like my.kodular.io) to get the project info of a specified user?

2 Likes

We don't provide a solution for that. What Kodular built is their own. You'd have to modify the ObjectifyStorageIo class to compute the information for you from the underlying records and provide a Servlet that reports that information to your dashboard service for a given user (and make sure it is secure).

3 Likes

Hmm...
Then what is the use of /remote_api?

The remote_api endpoint allows you to access items in the data store, but the servlet only works if you're authenticated to Google App Engine as an admin of the project.

2 Likes

Ok, I will try to build one myself, and try to make it open source.

However, can you please tell what is the structure, what's the info inside the auth "Appinventor" cookie?

Hi @Hrichik_Mazumder!
Have you seen Unchive by @vishwas?

It collects and shows all the information about a project but from AIA. Maybe it's related somehow and it's opensource too:

2 Likes

Sorry, but that is different, I am talking about something like my.kodular.io

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.