How to import a large number of records into Tiny DB

Works beautifully Tim and fits with my App well see a summary at the end of the thread and my apologies for getting your name wrong - it was 2am in Australia.

Pleased to hear you got it working as you want it. :+1:

Thanks for the suggestion ABG. Many special purpose astronomical databases change regularly as astronomical objects can have a number of variables and no astronomy database is complete. The one I've set up is editable by the user and accessible via Excel. My experience of SQL (which I used frequently at work) is that it's a powerful way of developing complex enquiries but not particularly fast and not particularly user friendly.

for large numer of records let me suggest you to use the local SQlite database
from the Q&A section here App Inventor Extensions: SQlite | Pura Vida Apps

Q9 : I have application with many thousands of rows (now ower 100 000) in TinyDB and TinyDB is really slow. Need to upgrade. Will be your SQLite fastest to TinyDB?
I now received the following feedback: SQLite is many many times faster. For example fillup 100,000 lines: TinyDB over one hour, SQLite 6 minutes. And fully fledged work with SQL commands - priceless. Thanks for your Extension.

Taifun

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.