How do I delete a file?

I have a directory in Download/PNG in which I copy .png images from app's canned directory and from Download directory. I need to delete a file. I tried several way also consulting topics in community without success. with some combination gives me an error and with other no message. But the file is still there. How can I delete this file?

You only can delete a file in shared storage, if your app owns it... see also Some basics on Android storage system

You probably need SAF

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

How, via the app (show your blocks) or manually via your device's file manager?
Android version?

The relevant blocks are indicated with text

Please high quality images / screenshots.

if you click twice on the picture will zoom it. At least this is how works on mine.

Ah, doesn't work on my mobile phone (only on my computer).

grafik

Well I was sure I tried also this solution without success. But now I did as you suggest and it works!!. Anyway is ok TY Anke.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.