How to create a list using text file or csv file?

hi, i have a text file which contains totally 3000 Names arranged as each name per line.

how to create a list using text file .thanks in advance

please show the screenshot of the blocks . i am beginner . thank you

Use the file component to read the file, then convert to a list using the "list from csv table" block.
Because you have the name per line, you will have a list of lists, so you will need to select item with index1 of each item to get the value.

Learn about using lists:

General Tutorials

You should first learn / master some basics before asking questions here. We cannot do a basic training for every individual here.

Take a look at the links @TIMAI2 pointed out and here (for once) a couple of blocks on what Tim said:

Sir, I implemented the steps. But the result come like this
["matthew"]["adam"]@gmail.com

But when I normally using the list without using the CSV file as list , the result comes good like this matthewadam@gmail.com

So, please resolve this issue.
Sorry for asking help. Only Today I learned about App inventor

understand this part....see here

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

makinto.aia (3.8 KB)

sir, here i gave the project file, image and two csv files i used. the output comes like this ["matthew"]["adam"]@gmail.com. but i want output like this matthewadam@gmail.com . can i use replace all block ? please someone help me to resolve this.
please provide a screenshot if found answer. thanks you

this is the two csv files which i placed in /Download/ in my Android

unitedstates.csv (387 Bytes) unitedstates.csv (387 Bytes)

hi, Finally i got the result what i want. thank you all

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.