How do you make an countdown app always running?

I want to make a countdown app, but when the screen turns off, the countdown stops. What should I do?

Hello Mohammad!
you can't make a timer run in background without an extension, this extension should help you

i can't use this extension can you help more

That extension is deprecated, use the iToo extension instead

You can store the time the countdown stopped, then when you bring the app back up, check that time against the current time, and subtract the seconds difference from your countdown, then start the countdown again.

no I don't want the counting to stop at all
what is itoo?

Instead of a background extension, you can use a Foreground extension to keep the countdown running when the screen turns off

https://ullisroboterseite.de/android-AI2-KeepAlive-en.html

1 Like

Hi SteveJG, Itoo also offers foreground functionality:

1 Like

The paid version of the alarm extension is able to set a timer in the background in one simple method

Taifun

Hi Kumaraswamy,

Good to know foreground is available in Itoo. I mentioned Ulli's extension because, for me, Stay Alive is 'easier' to use and understand than Itoo . SA only provides foreground.

1 Like

That's right, while in the Itoo extension, the foreground also works when the app is closed.

1 Like

I'm sorry, I couldn't work with this extension. This video is my application. I made this app to control devices with WIFI. I upload the app file. Please solve the timer problem. Thank you very much. If you like, I will also upload the files of the electrical part.

ghoghnoos.aia (2.1 MB)

What exactly is the problem? The most simple solution is to follow this advice

If you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you ...
You probably will get more feedback then...

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocks...

To download the aia file, upload it to App Inventor, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etc... this takes time, and most people will not do that...
Thank you.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Annotation 2023-09-25 200034
thanks.The problem is that I want to turn on the timer and turn off the mobile screen, and the timer continues to work and after the time expires, it sends the shutdown command, but when I turn off the screen, the timer stops.

Hi @mohammad_mokhtary, in simple words, would you want to achieve such a functionality that even when your app is not running (or the screen has been turned off), you would want to run a particular task, like doing a web request?

Hi dear friend
No, I don't close the program. The program is open, I just turn off the mobile screen

1 Like

Could you please check if this option is enabled in the Properties?