How do you draw with a transparent color on an Image?

How can I draw with a transparent color on an existing image?
I'm using canvas with an image for drawing.

Saving that canvas and showing it as a picture.

My goal is to make the red drawing transparent in sted of red.

I tried to search for an extension to just change all red to a new transparent color but did not find a solution.
And whatever is drawn on an image in the canvas will always stay on top of that image...

The last image should show the green background color or whatever color is on the background.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks
Teddy

dont quite understand your goal
you mean to get this effect below?

AFAIK, there is no straightforward way to do this. You could store the coordinates of the shapes drawn, and then redraw those shapes with the background color (which should appear to give that transparent effect), instead:

(these blocks are draggable)

Thanks, Nishyanth,
That would work with a solid background color (as in my description), but the image will not get a transparent property. As if I change the background to a picture.

1 Like

I want the user to draw on an existing image and to make that user-drawing transparent. The goal is the transparently not the color effect.

Take this! Play the gif :point_down:
saturn

Using 2 Canvases
Definetly meet your requrement :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
draw_transparently.aia (61.4 KB)

By the way do you like Saturn?:slight_smile:

:slight_smile: That's creative :slight_smile:
But it does not give the end result. An image with transparency.
Like, if you take a picture with a greenscreen background and change the greenscreen color to transparency.

You can do it programmatically, pixel by pixel. not with your finger.

oh i see
you may use some image-related extensions or other tricks to draw the transparent color!

@Teddy

I believe you will need to need to move your background image to the foreground (pixel by pixel), then remove the background. Then you can "paint" with a transparent colour, or apply masks.....

1 Like

Try this

1 Like

This sounds like a scratch card app.

1 Like

Taifun

@Juan_Antonio , This is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks.
Tried to find the extension, with no luck.
Please provide a link to where to obtain a download link/site.
Br. Teddy

Link to the extension: Extension ColorFilter image. Complementary color. Grayscale. Source code. Transparent color

although not what you asked for :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.