How do you change the default database of APP inventor server version to mysql?

seehere

for an example

This program should be developed using app inventor and uses mysql. I want the app inventor platform to use mysql to store data.

If you want to store data locally (on the device) in a relational database, then use sqlite, there are several extensions available to help you do this. Otherwise, you need to use the web component to connect with an online/external provision of a mysql database.

Here is edited link (type error)

Can you use PHP language to read and write the database that stores AppInventor platform data? Because I don’t know what database the appinventor platform uses by default

Thank you for your help.

(now changed)

You can make calls to php files served on line, as shown in the example.

AppInventor provides the tinydb, a local key:value database, and cloudDB an online key:value database. It also provides components for Firebase (realtime database) and Google Sheets.

1 Like

OK, do you have a tutorial on deploying AppInventor using a local database? I can’t quite understand the official website. :joy:

Which official website?

Documentation on github, but I can’t understand it :joy:

Databases

Read the part about TInyDB and Storage

Here are some resources to help you learn to use the AI2 tools. A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.

There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps

How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also look here App inventor español. Offline. Tutorial. Ejemplos. Instalación. Códigos. Juegos. Curso gratis de App inventor. and here http://www.imagnity.com/tutorial-index/ for more tutorials

Learn about components Component Reference
and visit the Library The MIT App Inventor Library: Documentation & Support Help>Library on the MENU

App Inventor Extensions: SQlite | Pura Vida Apps if you want to try local sqlite

or 🟥 [FREE] SimpleSqlite - an extension for working with SQLite Databases

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough and you didn't understand. What I meant was to localize the appinventor platform's database, which is the database that stores appinventor platform user information. But thank you very much for your reply.

You are building your own appinventor from the sources ?

Yes, I want to download the source code from github and deploy it

Perhaps this tutorial will help MIT app inventor offline server [ Win10 LTSC 64 ]

I plan to run it on ubuntu20 system :joy:

Then follow the instructions for installation on Ubuntu / Linux

This document has been of great help to me. Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for your reply and help