How do I use an SQLite 3 DB on Android 11 and up?

OK, I was able to connect the companion, these are the 2 errors I see (in the right order):

Screenshot 2022-10-30 at 18-01-16 MIT App Inventor

Thanks for the extension.

SimpleSQLite
Using similar code on an Android 12 I get this error regardless of whether I use Companion or compile the apk.

Is Android 12 failing or me? :astonished:

Seems that the APK works, at least when it starts does not signal anything and also clicking the button does not signal any error, now I try a simple SQL select to see if it really works, I will update ASAP.

[quote="aiotech, post:23, topic:68834"]
I was able to connect the companion, these are the 2 errors I see (in the right order):

This path to the assets is wrong. The path to the assets is in the ASD (as I've shown in my blocks).
So try my blocks.

this happens with your blocks.

No.

From the first error message it looks like you are using an outdated version of the extension...

Click the question mark in the designer next to the extension to find it out... You should use version 2 or 2a... you always can download the latest version from the download folder...

The version history is here App Inventor Extensions: SQlite | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

I put a simple SQL to verify if it works and I can say that the APK works

[EDIT - this bug now fixed ]

There seems to be a problem in the code somewhere ( I have not figured it out/ fixed it yet). Tick the box in the designer for column headers. If you do not want header columns returned then set this to false with the property block (not in Screen.Initialise)

That's why I already asked in post #9:

1 Like

Yes, it is outdated, I buyed it in 2020: SQlite database extension. Version 1j as of 2020-10-30.
Extension Version: 1
Date Built: 2020-10-30

And this version works with my blocks!

Ok, you probably realized now how important it is to always use the latest version of an extension ...

Each year Google adds new requirements into the Android system and if you do not keep updated, old versions will stop working

Taifun

Sure, until now it worked well but I was developing on Android 8...

Well, I can say that alone your extension works also with companion so it should work with Taifun SQLite updated extension. Instead, if I build the APK both extensions work together.

I read your documentation a little bit better and now I am able to open and work with a database using the companion and the APK. But I would be sure if I did it correctly. I tryed closing the (default) database and also without closing it and seems to work always. I uploaded the DB using the Designer Upload File button and set the DB just setting the name, not using Import. Anyway I attached all my test code in the image. May you say if this approach is correct or not?

yes, checking ReturnColumnHeaders did the trick. Thank you

Column Headers Bug now fixed, download latest version 3
Also ListFixer merged to main extension
SimpleSqliteV3

2 Likes

Good job, it works perfectly!

Android 8.1 ( ≤ Android 9) with Companion (a relative path must be used):