How do I make the scoll more visible for Horizontal Scroll Arrangement layout?

Hi friends,

I have built a tableview that shows data from google sheet.
I have it display in Horizontal Scroll Arrangement layout.
However, thinkifrom a user's perspective, I may not know that the table is scrollable as the scroll is not visible unless I try to drag the table data either left or right.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean. The grey line only shows when I try to drag the table right or left.
horizscroll

In my screen properties, I have the screen set to Scrollable
scroll

Aside from that, I don't see any other properties that change the scroll to be more instructive.
A workaround would be just to put a note telling the user to scroll if data cuts off but that's not really cool :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Let me know if I have missed any feature that could be helpful in this situation.

1. If I remember correctly, the tableview extension will scroll itself, so you do not need a scrolling arrangement or to set the screen scrollable. Just use a vertical arrangement and put your tableview in that. This might improve scrollbar visibility....which should show for a second or two when the tableview is initialised.

2. If that is not enough, there may be an extension that can help to display scrollbars all the time, but you might just want to show a label or graphic to the user that the view is scrollable. Most mobile users tend to be "scroll happy" and will instinctively try and scroll things.

Also see here:

might just do what you are after

3 Likes

gotcha, thanks again for the detailed guide @TIMAI2!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.