How do I keep music playing on external player?

@Wes_Savage, You could use a text to speech component, and when it hears the text to speech, set player stop

TIM you have great insight and I like this "bend" attitude. I would like to ask a bending question :slight_smile: I perfected playing sounds, while at the same time, playing music. Next problem I would like to conquer is changing the volume of the "sound" separately from the "music".

What would be ideal is to be able to lower music volume (which I easily do with Taifun's extension, while at the same time raising the volume of the "sound". There seems to be no way of doing this.

Q: Is there some way to play a sound in the ringer channel so that I can cause this to happen? Any ideas very much appreciated.

Thank You

Thank you Brady. I did think of that but for my application text-2-speech is not "coherant" enough. Sometimes real human speech is necessary.

It may be worth increasing the amplitude of the "sound" file using audacity (or another sound manager) so that it just plays louder....?

1 Like

Yes I already did that but the separation between the two still is not enough. The ringer channel volume is seperately adjustable using Taifun's settings

If you have your player and your sound in the same app you could do this:

1 Like

sigh I am so close to perfection :frowning:

I cant use the player because it will stop my external music app.
Another solution would be if there was a way to pause external music players and then resume them from within my app.

Forgive me? I am also a "bender" of many years and perhaps a far too determined person.

I assume there is no way to force my sounds into the ringer :frowning:

I assumed you had made the turn and either moved to using a separate AI2 app as your audio player, or better still combined the two apps into one!

You could try with activity starter ? You may need an external audio player that accept commands using the activity starter. (This will require digging around in lots of android developer documentation!)

1 Like

:frowning: thought of that too but this is for several people who are not all using the same player.

Thank You very much... at least I got to bounce this off a very knowledgeable person.

Also I did design a perfect sound player that works pretty much the same as the AI music player. "playing" individual words sounds great and can be a very good way to create a language teacher.

Thanks again TIM