How can I save a contact to android contacts directly?

I want to save a contact to android contacts directly without opening "phone contact". I got a block but, first it opens phone contact then press save button and done. please help.

Can you show how you try to do that?

I found this on @Taifun his website

Edit:
Also have to press the save button. Maybe it also has to do with the Android version/permissions.

Thank you very much. But It opens default contact app first, I want to save my contacts directly to default phone contacts without opening default contact app.

1 Like

Thank you very much. ContactsSaver extension shows permission problem. Please help.

It is just READ_CONTACTS or WRITE_CONTACTS and i really don't know if this still works on the newer Android versions.

Thank you very much.
that was : "android.permission.READ_CONTACTS,android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS"
now I removed ",android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS".
Error message gone but no contact saved in contacts. how can I save contacts?

grafik

WRITE_CONTACTS should implicitly grant READ_CONTACTS.

Sorry, Error:908 again.

Thanks. using these blocks, Error message gone but no contact saved in contacts. how can I save contacts?

Are you sure ContactCreated event is triggered?

Thank you very much. 'ContactCreated` event may be triggered. I used this block

notice have been shown.

this will help u to get the status of data is added or not.

Thanks. Returns "false".

Returns "false".

That's problem.
It should return true.
Try using SaveContact method with a dictionary having two keys account_name and account_type and their values as empty string.

Thanks. What is the problem in block? Please reply.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.