How can I made an app working in background

I would like to know how i can made an app wich works in background and when the screen of the smartphone is off. Can you help me please ?

Sure. Use the search facility on the top right.

1 Like

what exaxtly are you planning to do while your app is not running?
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

When the app is not running, it needs to treat data from a sensor and send SMS when the sensor detect impact.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm trying to use app inventor to gather data from different web sites API's analyze them with my own algorithms and derive conclussions from the analysis and notify the user when certain thresholds are met, while charting the output variables continuously.

@Julio_Spinelli this sounds more like a task for a server...
you could send a notification using One Signal...

here is an extension to receive these push notifications in your app

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

2 Likes

Try disabling battery optimization for the app and see what happens...

1 Like

I have already try it but nothing changes

1 Like

Is the app timer driven? If so, configure the timer to always run.

If not, make the app timer driven.

1 Like

It is timer driven, but I didn't try configuring the timer to always run! I will do just that, Thanks

Thanks for the systems perspective! The key is that I want to make this app freely available someday in google play, without it being dependent on anybody's server in particular.
Just allow people to see things they don't see today. It is a work in process...
I'll try the advice here and also I discovered that Atom Developer came up with an extension for running all blocks in the background that works both in mit app inventor and in kodular.

2 Likes