How about MIT app inventor security level?

Hi
Please tell me how about MIT app inventor security level? If I use MIT as my official app for sensitive information, how much data security will MIT Appinventor give me? &
Is there a way for hackers to easily access my information?
Please tell me details?

If you store your data in the app private storage (includes TinyDB), then your risk level is the same as any other app as security of that partition is enforced by Android. The partition is encrypted by default on Android 5 and up. If you start using other means of storing data, you'll have to evaluate the risk of those independently.

MIT provides essentially none in my opinion. App Inventor 2 is freely made available for educational and experimental use. It is not designed as a secure compiler for commercial apps. App Inventor 2 provides an obfuscation Block that provides minimal hacking protection; third parties provide means to encrypt your data that could provide additional security but only if you yourself code the safe guards if the data is stored on MIT's servers (i.e. CloudDB using default settings)..

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use explains how you can use MIT App Inventor and what they do to protect your data.

This is probably what you want to know:

Disclaimer of Warranty / Indemnification/Limitation of Liabilities

THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR USE FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MIT does not warrant the Site will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of information obtained from or through this Site is at your own risk. Your access to or download of software, information, materials, or data through the Site or any reference sites is at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your property (including your computer system) or loss of data that results from the download or use of such material or data.

IN PARTICULAR, MIT WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, ERRORS, LOSS OF DATA, OR INTERRUPTION IN AVAILABILITY OF DATA).

also you might like to read this related post Soporte y costos (Support and Costs to use MIT App Inventor)

Possibly; no system is hacker proof.

2 Likes

What about Air Wall :upside_down_face:

FYI... Social Engineering. People can and do get scammed, so even if you've employed significant security it all comes down to whether you or someone who has access to your tech stack will not make a mistake.

2 Likes

I am using google sheet all my information is in google sheet app inventor only get link of google sheet which i use through block or URL link. If any hacker want to take this sheet link. Its possible to got link anyway for hacker?

1 Like

You can make it more difficult by using the Obfuscate block to encode your url when your app is compiled, but this is not infallible.

Alternatively, you could devise a security system of encrypted password each user must use to "unlock" links to your urls which are held online.

1 Like

use strong dynamic encryption with dynamic salt and hashing functions

and 90 % of hackers will be out of your way , as for the 10 % of those , they ain't hackers they are masters of computers and IT so you should be proud that you are getting hacked by them :smiley:

That's true

Not only that, but also using techniques and strategies that those 10% of people who break things just to see what's on the other side wouldn't even imagine.

Whether you like it or not, security is a matter of layers.

No system is secure, there is no silly information, everything is allowed.