Help with publishing app update

Hi all, I finally got around to first publication of my app. Got it on google play store, but then heaps of trouble with updates. At one time my app had TWO listings! then back to one and that was NOT the update. I have a third update which is the major one, but CANNOT upload it. I keep getting message that the version code (of the original) has already been used. I have changed it numerous times and yet it still comes up with the same message. I find the google console the most hideous of interfaces! After much time I managed to get to the help centre but NO phone offered. So did the email bit, Even that with the package name was dreadful, though finally worked it out. Am waiting for a reply but could take days. Anyone else suffered a version code problem with publishing?

Eddie

The VersionCode of the update must be greater than the current one.

Note: The VersionName doesn't matter, but it should e.g. be like this:
VersionCode of the update = 2
VersionName of the update = 1.1

As usual, Anke, thanks. However, sadly, it has not been working. I have changed both the version name and code but it still insists that it is the same! I will be trying again...
Eddie

Google Play Developer Console → Bundle Explorer:
The versioncode of the next release must be at least 81 for this app (in my case).

1 Like

Checked everything out, and again, put back original version code (for update) and this time it seemed to work!
Eddie

1 Like