Habilitar e inhabilitar spinner con botón / Enable and disable Spinner - extension

Like this (add Blocks outlined in Blue):

Esta vez quedo bien
pero esto aun se nota

debe haber una opción de poner el mismo texto seleccionado en vez de esas líneas ya que también es texto quizá con un temporizador o procedimiento

saludos

That's for you to do - I would not recommend it as any text there will give the impression that the spinner is selectable, then you will get a ton of messages from Users saying it has a bug.

a claro eso si
muchísimas gracias

Spinner_disabled.aia (5.3 KB)

@elmachi130

1 Like

Spinner_disabled3.aia (6.0 KB)

So try this:

Spinner_disabled2.aia (6.2 KB)

This can be done without an extension if you use a button to call the spinner drop down (set the spinner to 1x1 pixels) then simply enable/disable the button

Yes, this is well known, but this is not the same (and works differently).

Spinner_disabled3 same issue - the Spinner is locked on Screen Init, a selection cannot be made. Also on Screen Init, Labels 2 and 3 are populated before any attempt to use the spinner. This is the case for Companion and APK.

The APK install triggers the Evo-gen virus warning.

Similarly, the version with the 'First Run' var populates Label 2 with 'false', even though the User has not touched the Spinner.

With this version though, selection from the spinner works as expected and disables as expected, both Companion and APK.

APK triggers the virus warning.

And that was exactly why I posted this aia. Namely to show that the Spinner.AfterSelecting event is triggered (immediately) after the Screen.Initialize event.

As you can see, I put Label2 at the end, so it shows "false" (because I set firstRun to false before):

Btw, this problem does not occur if ElementsFromString are set in the Designer (then the Spinner.AfterSelecting event is not triggered):

So if Spinner.Elements or Spinner.ElementsFromString are set via blocks (EDIT: and was also set the same or different in the Designer), the Spinner.AfterSelecting event is triggered.

That actually shouldn't be the case (IMHO). @ewpatton

.... but it's in the After Selecting Block so it should not be triggered on Screen Initialise.

Not seeing this ??? (tested in companion)

Anke, is there anything different in the way your last two extensions have been constructed? Even the wording of comments? It seems possible that a small change has resulted in the AV false-positive. 'Download to ASD' v2 does not trigger the AV, yet the more recent v4 does. Now 'Spinner Tool' too.

...you are not using the Spinner Tool Blocks.

Correct :slight_smile:

Disabling a spinner using a button:

spinnerAfterSelectiing.aia (1.8 KB)

grafik

Explanation:
The .AfterSelecting event is triggered because ElementsFromString was set in the Designer and then overridden in the Screen.Inititaize event.