Google Play Error with Cleartext Traffic

Hi, I'm struggling to publish a simple app on Google Play that I built using MIT App inventor because of an issue with Cleartext traffic. I am unable to find this setting in MIT App Inventor to change it. Can anyone offer any advice? Many thanks.

Security and trust
Cleartext traffic allowed for all domains

Your app's Network Security Configuration allows cleartext traffic for all domains. This could allow eavesdroppers to intercept data sent by your app. If that data is sensitive or user-identifiable it could impact the privacy of your users.

Consider only permitting encrypted traffic by setting the cleartextTrafficPermitted flag to false, or adding an encrypted policy for specific domains.

see HERE

(a forum search for cleartext would have returned your answer as well....)

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see that entry but it refers to a warning but I get an error and I was thinking that it was the reason I am unable to publish? It clearly says it's an error and not a warning....I have warnings as well but I can ignore those.
Here's the line I get on the Pre-Launch Overview

Errors found. Fix before releasing to production.

Hmmm, could be things have changed with latest updates (MIT/Google)....

This shouldn't prohibit publication, but who knows, Google changes the rules pretty much at random with little fanfare. Let's see if others complain about this.

Note: Just because we permit unencrypted connections doesn't mean that connection are unencrypted. That is up to the app author as to whether they use "http" or "https" urls...

-Jeff

I'm new to all this so I may have done something weird, but I've looked again and it seems to be an error and not the yellow triangle warning.

OK. It may be reported as an error now, but does it prevent you from publishing?

-Jeff

I'm not sure. It's the only "error" I see and I can't seem to get my App published....even just for an internal test for myself.

However, I am very new to all this and I may be making some other simple mistake.

My app is tiny and simple.....pretty much just a button controlling a Bluetooth switch but I can't seem to get it published.....been two days now.

Thanks

What happens when you try?

When I try to go get the app I get this "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.....see image

Don't you think it is time you shared your code. Someone might see what might be causing issues that bother GooglePlay's criteria.

What does this mean? You get that response when you attempt to publish the app or does that happen when you 'run' the app or something else (like try to download you app from GooglePlay)?

What is that in the response to?

-Jeff

I create an internal test of the app. It says it's available to internal testers.
I get the link from a phone that I've setup as a tester and I get to this screen.

I then click on the download it on google play......and I get this screen

Ok, for no apparent reason when I come back today everything works fine....no errors and I see my app. I have no idea why I haven't changed anything.

Thank you all for trying to help. I will be working today on testing and new release....hopefully without bothering you.

Hey man I’ve been having the same issue and it’s eating my brain. Please assist me. I’ve tried everything

Are you doing an internal test on GooglePlay too? Do you get exactly the same response reported by Bernkev?

Bernkev said that regarding his issue, he " come back today everything works fine" just by trying again. This suggests this is a GooglePlay issue that might have been fixed just by waiting.

hi internal as well as prod. its been like that for two days now.

Hi, yes. Without changing anything I gave up and a few days later my app had been published and it's fine....no idea what happened.

exact same thing happened. it appeared on app store today. 3 days later. thanks for your assistance