Google action required Issue found: Violation of User Data policy

Hello, I have received the following on 2 apps from gogIe that I build a while back and have no idea on how to fix it! it goes like this: We reviewed SDKs used by your app and found noncompliant version(s) of SDK(s) which collects persistent device identifiers. Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers.

Your app may face additional enforcement actions, if you do not resolve this issue by February 28, 2024 .

Issue details

We found an issue in the following area(s):

• Version code 4:
    • SDK: Fabric (Firebase Crashlytics)- ID Bridging io.fabric.sdk.android:fabric (consider upgrading to version com.google.firebase:firebase-crashlytics:18.4.0)

To bring your app into compliance, follow these steps :

You may consider upgrading to a policy-compliant version of this SDK, if available from your SDK provider or removing the SDK.

• Fabric (Firebase Crashlytics)- ID Bridging io.fabric.sdk.android:fabric: Consider upgrading to version com.google.firebase:firebase-crashlytics:18.4.0 of the SDK.
    Thank you in advance!
1 Like

I'm also getting this issue

Im also getting the same issue. Any Findings?

not yet
if you find anyway pls do share

For us, this fixed it.

How to remove the apps which uses fabric SDK from google play?

Create a new release and make sure to exclude all previous APKs that are mentioned in the email that Google Play sent you.

Currently, our app requires a minimum Android version of 22. In the latest version, we've integrated Firebase Crashlytics. By checking the app bundle explorer, I noticed that previous versions using Fabric SDK are inactive, with fewer than 100 installations, and they support Android version 15 or newer. How can we handle this?

Is there a way to verify whether we've successfully resolved the issue or not?

Doesn't matter if there are installations of the previous version.

Remove the APK's that are infringing said policy, create a new release and send it to review. Await for Google's review. If you are still offending said policy they'll let you know.

ok, but how to do it, can you please provide the steps taken to remove it? Thank you!

1. Log in into the google play console
  2. Select the application that your email is stating that is offending the policy
  3. Select "Production" on the left side options.
  4. Once you've done that you should have a "Create new release" blue button on the top right. Click it
  5. Upload a new version of your application and in the same screen you should see all apks that will be available in the release. (Includes previous ones that you did not upload this time) There you remove those that are offending the policy.
  6. Finish the release and send it to review.

Hello, As I understand correctly. first I have to open MIT create a new version then do what you mention, is that correct? Question: in the new version (with-in MIT) do I have to any thing to the SDK? or just simply create a new version, thus the MIT app will create: "version com.google.firebase:firebase-crashlytics:18.4.0" Thank you!

App Inventor does not include any analytics libraries in compiled apps. If you are getting warnings about such a thing, it will be due to one or more extensions in your project. It's probably easier to identify and remove the offending extensions rather than rebuild your project from scratch.

hey It's working for you or not