Ftp file upload problem

I have app for take picture and send it to my ftp.
And after new android version, it doesn't work...

I select the Legacy option but it is the same... can you take a look?

which means, you are getting error 908 "the permission WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE has been denied."?

what happens, if you try a simple project like this?
takepicture.aia (1.7 KB)

Unbenannt
together with the Screen DefaultFileScope = Legacy?

EDIT: also what is the value of Textbox1.Text?

Taifun

I can take a picture, after taking picture, I can send it, but when I click send, I got "UČITAVANJE... PRIČEKAJTE" which means loading... wait
after that app need to upload that picture to my ftp, but it stops at that moment of loading.
I checked what is working ok, problem is in red circle I think, and part 2 after that I dont know because I dont get there yet..

Textbox text content is blank, I dont know what need to be there
DefaultFileScope = Legacy - yes

well, if you want to upload a file to your ftp server, you will need the filename...
without that obviously uploading will not work...

what happens, if you try the test proejct together with your server?

Taifun

I don't know what I need to do. I have also in that app option to choose image from gallery and upload to ftp. That option works, so ftp works and problem is in filename. But take photo and upload doesn't work. Can you write what I need to do to set filename right?

you need the filename to upload it...
how does the filename look like if you choose an image from the gallery?
Unbenannt
this is an example how to display the filename in the textbox after taking the picture
what do you get now?
also to debug your project, what about using Do it?

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Great!
I did that and now it works!
THANK YOU!

So, now I am trying to do the same, but with video recording.
See:

But when I test, I got this:

And file don't upload to ftp.

What is now problem?

this is a content uri... you have to convert it into a filename before beiing able to upload it
see also my answer to a similar problem here

Taifun

I did it!
It looks like thhis:

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.