[FREE] ProMaths Extension

ProMaths Extension

Hi Everyone!
Today, I am publishing my first extension ProMaths.
ProMaths is a extended form of the default maths blocks.

Extension Details

ProMaths Extension

Package- com.nisarga.ProMaths.aix

Version- 1

Extension Built-2020-11-24T18:30:00Z

Last Updated- 2020-11-24T18:30:00Z

Blocks

There are 5 blocks currently, I will be adding more blocks in future releases.

Download

com.nisarga.ProMaths.aix (5.4 KB)

Or Download From Here
https://github.com/Nisarga-Developer/promaths-aix/raw/main/com.nisarga.ProMaths.aix

Why exactly 6 inputs to the Add block?
A Sum(list) block would be more general.

1 Like

There are five inputs & I added options for 3 inputs & 4 inputs but I think due to some problems while compiling they weren't created.

I will be adding sum list block in future releases.

@powerusers (Apologies For Tagging) Am I Eligible For Extension Developer Group?

Nice start :+1: Congratulations for your first extension :partying_face:

What is this badge :thinking: I didn't find it here:
https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/badges

Also please follow the naming conventions:

I thought there was a extension dev badge

that’s not bad for a start… and you also mostly followed the naming conventions…
a better name for Numberwithpowerof would be NumberWithPowerOf...

in the MIT App Inventor community there is no such thing as an extension developer group...
there is an extension developer group in Kodular... however imho to earn the developer badge you should provide something really useful, which is not possible with current blocks

and as we can see from the colors, you are using Kodular... so what about testing your extension if it is also working here in App Inventor and provide App Inventor screenshots?

btw are you aware, that there already exists a Math extension, which is able to calculate "everything"? And it only needs one method to do that...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

4 Likes

But your extension may not be able to determine both values (x1,2) of a quadratic equation.
Or does it? :wink:
Then my extension would be superfluous. Wouldn't be tragic as it was only a first test for me anyway. My first extension - quadratic equation

1 Like

I think it should work perfectly as it runs on Kodular. I will test it on AI2 tomorrow because it is 11.28 PM in India.

Thanks.

Assume nothing, test, test, test, then test again.

4 Likes

I think, to get x1 and x2 you just would have to use that formula then

Taifun

3 Likes

Of course, it can be done in two steps.

2 Likes

Thank you, it is a very good Extension
I used

1 Like

You are welcome.

I am glad that you used it.