File operations and conclusion

I agree... this should be the solution to create several directories... Simple is best...

Taifun

But the OP wanted confirmation that a. the directory was created, and b. that the creation cycle had completed.

I don't see any problem here. :thinking:

1 Like

Assume Nothing, Trust No-one :wink:

Why??

But if it has to be, then e.g. so:

Why not just use return value of MakeDirectory block?

1 Like

@Anke, you have essentially done what I did in my blocks. Given you didn't understand what the OP wanted in the first place, I am surprised that you even provided blocks. ( I have a long memory, well, at least a week or so :wink: )

No
From the documentation Storage

MakeDirectory(scope,directoryName)
Create a new directory for storing files. The semantics of this method are such that it will return true if the directory exists at its completion. This can mean that the directory already existed prior to the call.

Taifun

1 Like

Belt and braces, why not?

1 Like

Because my last block can be executed even without/after creating the directories.

I would assume the worst, that these are long running tasks requiring completion events.
undefined

Professor Butts and the Self-Operating Napkin (1931). Soup spoon (A) is raised to mouth, pulling string (B) and thereby jerking ladle (C), which throws cracker (D) past toucan (E). Toucan jumps after cracker and perch (F) tilts, upsetting seeds (G) into pail (H). Extra weight in pail pulls cord (I), which opens and ignites lighter (J), setting off skyrocket (K), which causes sickle (L) to cut string (M), allowing pendulum with attached napkin to swing back and forth, thereby wiping chin.

For such a scheme, have each completion Event trigger the next operation.

1 Like

Interesting, if I could now understand the specific context regarding this topic, it would be nice. :woman_shrugging:

"Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The path is long through teaching, short and effective through examples.

1 Like

In a latin nuthshell:
"Quousque tandem, File System, abutere patientia nostra ?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AI2 è stupendo hanno fatto un ottimo lavoro, e lo scopo dell'insegnamento è sicuramente raggiunto, ma per scrivere app solo chi ci si diverte come me può resistere. Ora sto provando, pare con successo, ad usare i googlesheet con spreadsheet. Per sostituire CloudDB nella mia app . Ok Ciao

1 Like

"Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina 'Google', patientia nostra?" - Cicero
:wink:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.