Extension with Rush. Keep the app running. Doze mode. Service. Notification. Source code

Huawei p8 lite - Android 6

You mentioned two devices. And the other? I no longer have a test device with Android 6.

Huawei p8 Lite e Huawei p8 Lite

Since I don't have a test device with Android 6 (and there shouldn't be many of those left), I can't verify it. But it works on everyone else.

You have been very kind thank you all the same I hope sooner or later if I can understand the problem

Try it on any other device (Android version).
My attempts have all been successful.

I would be really interested to know if this is really a general problem with Android 6.

Please check on Android 6
So if anyone out there has two test devices where at least one is still an Android 6 device, please check with the APK where the Android 6 device needs to be the receiver (i.e. the Android 6 device is the one in idle mode).

So I explain every detail:

1. I have two Androdi 6 mobile phones, on Hawey p8 lite
  2. I installed and started the app on both phones
  3. An app, I first disconnected the battery check, the request appeared: Do you want to allow the app service to remain active in the Background? It may affect battery consumption. I answered yes, then I did the sending test, pressing the "Send Random Number" button with the app still on the screen, on the other mobile phone and everything worked, the number was read.
    I minimized the App, but without suspending the phone, and everything worked.
    I suspended the phone and only the first number was read, the following ones were not.

I did the reverse test:

1. I closed the apps and restarted them
  2. I did not press on battery consumption, I carried out the same operations and the result was the same.

No, I have other phones, I'll try to get them to borrow from friends but I don't think it's easy.

Besides, on other phones it worked with you, I don't see why it shouldn't work with me.

I think your tests on other phones are more than enough, but if it happens I'll try.

Thank you very much for your super kindness and your commitment to solving the problem.

I don't really know how to thank you otherwise, but I will try to purchase two extensions, so as to help keep this forum going, to show you my gratitude.

I hope the problem will be solved sooner or later.

I tried to buy two extensions to keep my promise, but to the second extension (Accensioen della torch)
The Paypal card asked me for my details twice and despite having entered them correctly it did not proceed to make me pay, so I no longer trusted the page and gave up the second one.

Good day.

Try this APK. I added a Foreground service. So do not turn of battery optimization.
Just click Start and put the device in idle mode (screen off).

Can I use an emulator to test this? I have one Android Marshmellow (Android 6) emulator.

Just tested, perfectly fine! :+1:

1 Like

Did you test with original app from @Juan_Antonio or with my APK?

Your APK. It works as usual.

2 Likes

I apologize and I am ashamed of what I am about to write to you.

Having tried this APK 2, and following your explanations again of clicking start all worked fine:

So I installed the previous one, the one that in my opinion didn't work.

I realized that I was not clicking on start, so doing the only two operations: minimize and press the "Send random" button
The numbers, as already written, were read, but when I went into suspension, only the first number was read.

So it's my fault, so many excuses, clicking on Start, and putting the phone on hold, even the first .apk worked.

Thanks again for your patience and opportunity

You are authorized to write me any offensive sentence I will not be offended.

1 Like

So now we definitely confirm what I assumed anyway:

The extension works on all Android versions and most likely on all devices as well.

1 Like

The only question that remains to be answered
is whether Google will complain if you request permission to turn off battery optimization. (I think @Taifun once pointed this out.) If that were the case, the Doze problem could also be solved via a Foreground service, as I have shown with my APK.

I've never uploaded / published an app on the Play Store that requests this permission.

Always very precise and professional, congratulations.

I don't know what Google will answer.

But one thing is certain, often hours and hours of programming work are done, and then in the final test of an application, it turns out that it does not work on all mobile phones.

I really hope this solves every problem at least for this feature.

I ask you one last thing s and I'm not indiscreet, you can send the .aia file of your .apk so if google has problems I use yours.

See here:

1 Like