Extension Template Repository

Hi, I am trying to build an extension but when I run git submodule update --init it shows this

After a few tries the dialog box no longer popup

1 Like

I am also facing same issue.
But files are getting downloaded successfully.

After that when I try to compile extension it shows android package not found.Probably because I don't know how to use extension deps repo.

1 Like

I was told to update it because none of imports are resolved.

1 Like

Better is to use older version until all bugs get fixed.

How can I get the old version? I am not familiar with that.

1.I can send you.
2.Some extension developers still use old version in their repos.

1 Like

Yes, I get a similar issue after trying to build a fresh template:

The "my-extension" dir is created, but there are no libs (or I cannot find them).

Yes, but where are the libs?

Maybe this link will help (unfortunately I'm not familiar with git):

ssh -vT git@github.com

Thanks! :smiley:

That solution will only work on Mac and Linux and not on Windows.
Also, it is just because of an unknown host.

But what for windows?

I've updated the gitmodule configuration to use HTTPS for the dependency repo rather than SSH. If you've already checked it out, you can do:

git submodule deinit .
git pull
git submodule update --init

You should get a message back like:

Submodule 'lib/appinventor' (https://github.com/mit-cml/extension-deps.git) registered for path 'lib/appinventor'
Submodule path 'lib/appinventor': checked out '477586b7e1901db30ed6b8e76cf524c4a05b2802'

If you had trouble with the submodule update operation, you may also see it download the commits from the server.

3 Likes

It seems that I was successful:

Thanks for updating.

I used this only to update and it works perfectly :+1:

1 Like

Thanks all for the feedback. As we continue to build out the extension system please let me know when you encounter any other issues.

1 Like

Sir getting error for me when I command ant extension its build successfully and when I commnd for proguard its giving error

No problem in older extension template

[proguard] Reading library jar [C:\Users\varsha\Desktop\new xxxxx template\extension-template\lib\appinventor\apksigner.jar] (filtered)

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\varsha\Desktop\new xxxxx template\extension-template\build.xml:86: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\varsha\Desktop\new xxxxx template\extension-template\build.xml:101: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\varsha\Desktop\new xxxxx template\extension-template\build.xml:178: Can't read [C:\Users\varsha\Desktop\new xxxxx template\extension-template\lib\appinventor\apksigner.jar] (only DEFLATED entries can have EXT descriptor)

Total time: 10 seconds
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024M

None of the above mentioned steps worked for me unfortunately.
Then I did this:

• Downloaded ZIP file
  • manually added libs to /lib/appinventor dir

Edit1: But I am getting this error now

[javac] error: Bad service configuration file, or exception thrown while constructing Processor object: javax.annotation.processing.Processor: Provider org.datanucleus.enhancer.EnhancerProcessor could not be instantiated: org.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusException: Plugin (Bundle) "org.datanucleus" is already registered. Ensure you dont have multiple JAR versions of the same plugin in the classpath. The URL "file:/D:/ex/lib/appinventor/datanucleus-core-1.1.5.jar" is already registered, and you are trying to register an identical plugin located at URL "file:/D:/ex/lib/appinventor/datanucleus-core-3.1.3.jar."

Edit2: Probably error is here

Edit3: I deleted 1.1.5 jar and got this error:

[javac] error: Bad service configuration file, or exception thrown while constructing Processor object: javax.annotation.processing.Processor: Provider org.datanucleus.enhancer.EnhancerProcessor could not be instantiated: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/datanucleus/OMFContext

Delete the whole folder and try this:

go to your desire directory and use git bash to execute

git clone https://github.com/mit-cml/extension-template.git

After cloning, cd into the folder you have just cloned and just execute

Actually my internet is super slow and I have less time so I just compiled the extension with older version. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There is no reason you should be dealing with datanucleus libs when doing extension dev

The template doesn't have any of the datanucleus libraries. You may want to look at how you've set up your extension and determine whether those libraries are really needed.