Error 908: The permision WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE has been denied

Hi, I 'm developing an app with several lists and I was trying to export them to a csv file.
My mobile phone is a Xiaomi MIA3 and it was updated to Android 11.
I have a canvas with several Image Sprites to simulate a hidable menu, and use the Sprites as buttons.
The blocks I use to export the list are the following:

When I click the EXPORT button I get the following error:
Error908
I have read several post that say that this error happens with android 11 and that the solution is in the Design set the DefaultScope to Legacy
file propierties
I have tried this, but the error appears again and I cannot export the list to a csv file

Can somebody help me? Because I do not know how to solve this bug.

Thank you in advance.

try to use the AskForPermission method from the Screen drawer and ask for that permission during Screen.Initialize

Taifun

Yes, it's a bug and I've pointed it out dozens of times.
Workaround: Set DefaultFileScope = Legacy in the Designer or use my MFile extension (to avoid storage permissions on Android 11+).

DefaultFileScope

grafik

Thank you Taifun, i' ve tries t'he ask gir permisión but unfortunatelly It dies nit work.

I haver looked dir t'he permisions of mu app and can only set to Multimèdia files.
T'hem instead of writing t'he file to Download fólder i tries to write It to Pictures fólder but with t'he same result Error 908

Thank you Anne,

Yes I already set t'he Scope to Legacy because I haver reaf It on one of tour posts.

I haver tries too Taifun's suggestion of t'he ask for permisión method and It didn' to work.

Looking for t'he permisions of t'he app on t'he phone, i can only set to Accés to Multimèdia files.

My monòleg phone has Android One, initially It has t'he Android 9 and It has been upfated Up to Android 11

Thank you very mucho cor tour help.

Us there any està of sending t'he file by e- mail without t'he nerd of saving It at Download fólder?
This has my final idea because i want to export t'he lista just on cases you change tour phone and you want to follow using t'he app without loosing t'he data

No, you did not
You have to set the Default File Scope to Legacy in the properties of Screen1 to get the required permissions in the manifest.

What you did is to set the file scope of the file component

Alternatively use the MFile extension which does not need these permissions

Taifun

1 Like

Let me see this. Post a screenshot like this (post #3):

grafik

Thank you Taifun. I' m Sorry I missunderstood where I should set t'he Scope to Legacy. I' ll teu again and let yo know if finally I succés writing t'he file.

Thank you Anne.
Taifun has made me ser that I missunderstood where I should set t'he Scope to Legacy, i did It on t'he file propietàries and i should haver done un t'he Screen1 propietàries.

i' ll teu again and let you know if finally I succés writing t'he file. If not i'll use tour extension

Thank you Anke,

Finally I've got it, I've set the scope to Legacy in screen1 propierties and set the WTITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permision at the Screen1 Initialize and now it works.

Just one question, my mobile phone is set in spanish and I have a default Download folder labelled Descargas, but I have too another one labelled Download at Internal Storage, and here is where the files have been saved. Why are there these 2 folders that are supposed to be the same, but in fact are different?

Thank you Taifun, for clarifying me the mistake I was doing.

Finally I've got it, I've set the scope to Legacy in screen1 propierties and set the WTITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permision at the Screen1 Initialize and now it works.
[/quote]