Email instead of text message?

You might have heard of my HereSafe app. HereSafe was an app that you could use to send a text message to chosen contacts, as soon as you arrived at your entered destination. I tried to publish it on the Google Play Store. But, recently, Google Play has changed permission policies. My HereSafe app isn't allowed to be published on the Play Store, because it automatically sends a text message.

So, I just thought of an idea that might be allowed on the Play Store. I thought "What if my app sends an email instead of a text message?"

Can I please ask you if that is possible? And, how would I do that? I attached a picture of the blocks I used to send a text message. What should I do?

I don't know how to send an email. But know of an extension that sends a push notification. You can use it and show the text on your app.

Here are various possibilities to send eMail https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/tag/email

it is easy to write #email instead of a full link :wink:

Thanks for trying. But, I don't need a notification. (Unless, maybe, you can send a notification to a friends phone, but bleh, that's crazy.)

well, this is now an idea that the Devs might want to work on. If the same app is installed on multiple devices, maybe they can get one device to send a push notification to the other.

Not so crazy...The extension does that!

I apologize. For reasons unbeknownst to you, I won't be able to do all that. Unless, you think you can explain it step by step. It's really not that urgent though.

Different eMail solutions for App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

OneSignal allows you to send emails:

Thank you all for trying to help me with this. But, I am kind of giving up on this one. I don't want to try to send a notification instead of a text message, because half of the recipients will be using the iPhone.

I believe that it's not worth trying to build the app in Thunkable, because I don't even own an iPhone. And, trying to get iPhone apps, and Android apps to sync online is a bit over my head.

I really do appreciate it though, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.