Displaying stored data

I am Trying to use the database to store some data, How can i select the data from multiple items and display it full screen? maybe when you turn the phone sideways it goes full screen to be displayed.

Thanks

Tell us even more to help you

how do you store items? What database you use? How many rows or colum is there?

please elaborate

Taifun

I am adding items to a list using TinyDB using List picker to select the stored numbers.
Actually my goal is to input a name, then input stored values in a second list, choose one of the stored values and display the name and stored values hopefully full screen
Thanks

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I have not added the second part to input a "Name" and store it yet.
I also have the capability to delete stored numbers from the list if i wanted
My goal is when i have the name stored and selected a number from the list i then can display the "NAME" and selected number full screen.

This is not proper way to del the existing item from stored datas of tinydb..

use one local list, call tinydb data, then use remove list item then finally store the locale variable into tinydb

to display the item, first check up whether the looking item is in tinydb or not..

you are storing only names.. what is the value of list picker here??

Do you want list picker to be display based on the values present in tinydb??

always try to give proper logic to hte app else you will get big headache to solve the problem..

Proper way to del the item from tinydb and restore the reamining item in tinydb

1 Like

You mention names and numbers.

Be more specific about the names and numbers, so we can see how they relate to each other.

Name = person Name?
Number = person's weight in pounds?

Part one
Ok hre is what i am trying to dp
The app asks for your Name and stors it
the app also asks you to add last 4 digits of your credit card number, and you can add more than one card number and stors those numbers.
when using the app you choose the name from a drop down, and choose a card number from another drop down.
press a button and displays both when turned sideways the Name and the chosen card number in full screen
does that help??

Is this meant to be secure ?

This sounds like storing lists of card numbers as values in TinyDB under tag = name of cards owner.

TinyDB taglist gives you Elememnts of a List Picker to select a name.

After Name's value is retrieved from TinyDB, set Elements of the second List Picker to the retrieved list (empty list if name not found).

Secure? no i dont believe so, just last 4 numbers of credit card

Sorry guys, i am a beginner with this

Use an Arrangement to show the chosen data.
I don't know what you mean by turned sideways.

When the phone rotates 90 degrees

Look in the Screen blocks.

There is a block event that catches that, where you can compare Screen.Width and Screen.Height.

You might need to do that comparison in a Clock Timer event enabled from the rotation detected event, since the numbers present in the rotation event are laggy.