DaffyDialog over ListView.Elements

Hello.
I'm trying to use DaffyDialog over ListView.Elements. In that dialog, I don't need an icon or path, just a title, a multi-line message, and the End button.
How to do it? I used id 3 but it doesn't work for me. An example would help. Well thank you.
Ondrej

Also asked here:

Not sure why you are having trouble with this, here is a screenshot of the standard notifier "over" a listview

The problem is the black background color of the dialog. So I'm trying something other than Notifier ...
Ondrej

Well the Daffy Dialog does not appear to offer a background colour option, which is why I, and others suggested using a dialog extension

Uses Dialog Any Thing Extension by Zhangzqs

Apparantly what it seems is that I need XML files to set the background color to something else for AlertDialog.Builder, which is currently not supported. Use other dialog extensions and use components as dialogs in those extensions.

Well, if you go to the properties of Screen1, find Theme and set it to "Device Default", then the notifier would be white.

ID can be any integer. If you do not want any icons, then set "useIcon" to false and then add an empty text block to "icon".

Hello.
I tried to make changes according to your instructions.
However, when I try Al Companion I get on:

This App is a helper Application for MIT App Inventor.
It does not do anything by itself!
Go to appinventor.mit.edu for more information.

What can it be?
Ondrej

That is just a new message on the companion. Use as normal.

Hello.
In LisView1.AfterPicking it should be like this?
obrázok

Ondrej

ListView.Elements stopped working for me. Only the arrangement of the components has changed ...
Screen1
Label7
HorizontalArrangement2
Button1
TextBox1
VerticalArrangement1
lblTitul
lblPolozky
btnKoniec
ListView1
File1
Notifier1
TaifunTextbox1
Clock1
TaifunSqlite1
EasyDialog1

Hello.
If I have it arranged like this, it works for me with Notifier.

As soon as I replace the Notifier with EasyDialog1 and HorizontalArrangement with VerticalArrangement, it will stop working. The data in ListView1 will not be displayed either ....
Where am I making a mistake ....
Ondrej

Excuse me.
I've figured it out.
There was an error between the keyboard and the chair ... :grinning:
Ondrej

1 Like