CustomWebView : An extended form of Web Viewer

It's probably trying to download a blob URL or a data url which isn't supported directly right now. There are examples of how to download both throught the thread.

Hi I have a problem I get this:
Argument #2 (com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Table...) to 'com.sunny.CustomWebView.CustomWebView.CreateWebView(com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.HVArrangement,int)' has wrong type (com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.TableArrangement) (expected: com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.HVArrangement)
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds

What I need to do??

This is my app I don't know if is that uri VixthyPlus1.61
Because I can't get the arquive download link directly I' m begginer on programming apps thanks for your help :wink:

You gave it a table arragangment for the container. You need to give it some other container like a horizontal view.

Blob urls aren't supported in CustomWebView.
Though there is a workaround for data urls, which you can find few posts above.

try this solution I am making a browser (help) - #4 by TIMAI2
Taifun

I do it i add horizontal view load a html and it crash (my app just close)

blocks (4)
This is not working. App is getting closed/crashed as soon as it is opened before loading. Help me.

Its happening with me too

1 Like

Are these all your blocks?
How did you initialze the custom webviewer?
Read some of the previous contributions in this thread to find out what needs to be done

Taifun

@S.V_Arul_Shiju @Gergo_Toth
This example might help you both

Taifun

1 Like

Thankyou. il try it.

I tried to mimic the same. But, I can't find all the blocks shown in the image. I shall share both the images here.

1. Correct Image that you told to follow:

2. My attempt:
    blocks (5)

I managed to find all other blocks except 'VerticalArrangement1. Where can I find it. Guide me. Thanks.

There is no such block. So, what can I do?

I wonder have you ever worked with layouts/arrangements. :thinking:
You have been here for 1 year, that's so strange.

2 Likes

Okay. So, I shall create layout first. Thankyou.We can open url using webview without Layouts. So, I failed to assume about Layout in this case. Okay, Thankyou for your support. I am opening mit after a long time. That also may be a reason for not guessing the right thing. Okay, let me work/try. Thankyou.

Okay it worked now when I created a layout (Vertical Arrangement.) as you told. So, let me try the same in my real project. Thankyou.

A post was merged into an existing topic: To Open email link eg, abcd@gmail.com while clicking on it in webview page⁸

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Video player help

A post was merged into an existing topic: Video player help