CustomWebView : An extended form of Web Viewer

You can use the method I used in earlier versions of extension.
When new window is requested, create an invisible webview and load request in it. Now as soon as page is loaded completely in this invisible webview, get the url and remove it.

1 Like

For snippets related to CustomWebView please visit here:

MIT can redistribute this extension:

I, vknow360 aka Sunny Gupta, attest that I am the author of the CustomWebView extension , grant that the extension included in this project is free and that MIT has a non-exclusive irrevocable license to republish the extension as part of the project file for the purposes of the MIT App Inventor Appathon 2023.

1 Like

Hi @vknow360 ,
have You an idea why your CustomWebView cannot play the stream below?

https://raievent10-elem-live.akamaized.net/hls/live/619189/raievent10/raievent10/playlist.m3u8

I tried with VLC and play correctly
Thank You

Best Regards

Marco

Hello @Marco_Perrone
It is not possible to play m3u8 or HLS videos in WebView.
They can be played only in Exo Player or equivalent player.

Hi @vknow360,
thank You for your reply, but I don't think is correct.
With my extension:

I collect m3u8 url and I can play with WebView
for example try this: https://cnn-cnninternational-1-eu.rakuten.wurl.tv/playlist.m3u8
I use CustomWebView.GoToUrl

Best Regards
Marco

Yes you are right.
However,

This doesn't work in Opera.

Well I did not try opera, because I use your webview to play the stream, as I told You I used VLC from my PC to check if the url is broken or not, and I saw that works correctly.
I suppose that proplem is the codec used. If You paste the url on Chrome You download a file, if You open the file downloaded with notepad You find some information.

Best Regards

Marco

what do i need to make the button clickable?

I'm using CustomWebView to run microPython's WebREPL because using it in all normal android browsers annoyingly zooms in to full every time you tap on the monitor, but that's the only way to send messages. So through a lot of trial and error I figured out CustomWebView with UseWideViewPort set to false is the only way I could both prevent this as well as send and receive files like a normal browser does. It was a little tricky to get files to send but it works fine. Receive however has been a massive headache and I just can't figure it out. Using the traditional way I get this error...

With a ridiculous amount of work I figured out how to get past this and get a bunch of debug to try to solve it. But I can't seem to get anywhere further with actually downloading this file.

As the file is updating, the web page is incrementing how many bytes it has received, and I'm getting a progress notification each time but it's always 0. Then it says it's completed and then failed. When I look at the file android tried to save I get this

I can't get it to work regardless of what I do but this is the closest I've gotten.

The web page I'm visiting is actually running on a microcontroller but everything works fine in a real browser and all the source code can be found at

And finally, here are my blocks

You cannot download a blob url in Android.

It is possible to convert the blob to a base64string and download that - using javascript, then converting it back to a binary file in the app.

1 Like

Is there a way to do that with the download helper block? or how would I go about downloading that file?

No do not believe so. You have to do it upstream where the blob is created.

Why can’t i click the choose file and location? it’s a webviewer

Explain.

Image Upload and Title this is the link
i use on the webviewer but the choose file wasnt able to be click do you have any idea to fix it? im new and still learning on mit app

Are you using CustomWebView or Webviewer?

webviewer

You can't access the file system in WebViewer. You do that with CustomWebViewer (where you are now) and it's done like this

Take note of FileUploadNeeded and AfterActivity. In your case I believe ActivityStarter's DataType would be 'images/' instead of 'text/'

1 Like

Well, you can, but you have to use a different extension.....