Creating a custom navigation application for campus setup

Congratulations. I think you are almost there. :smile:

You have some misplaced Blocks. Moving them might be an instant fix.

The circled blocks should go after the if..then..else Block.

You made slight changes to accommodate using the File and csv. These may be ok but I haven't checked them yet. I think they are OK.

The following blocks were included for use in checking the app. You should either gray them out or delete them. Having them active may make map panning difficult.

errors2

Here is a working aia using the 'old' Destination List creation methods. Enter your OSR api code and they might work.

Zimbabwe_Univ_Diret.aia (8.2 KB)

If you post your csv file I can see if there are any other issues and test it. I need the file. uz_cent_clean.csv you can post it here, you might have to change the suffix from .csv to txt to be able to attach the file.

You have been busy.

okay lemme make the corrections and attach the csv as well
uz_cent_clean.csv (1.9 KB)

please help after downloading the aia what am l supposed to do to be able to see it

Yes l have been busy but with your help l think l will get there am truly grateful for your patience and help every step of the way
thank you

I hope l have corrected it correctly

Almost. The Notifier block belongs in the else puzzle slot.

C2

looks fine. does your app work now?

I have not tried it yet l thought you are still looking at the csv file

csv file loads fine :smile: in a similar app.. Go ahead and try.

am keeping my fingers crossed

Sorry for the delay in the response l had to change venues
this is what am getting when trying the application

Then l wanted to ask how to make the search bar smaller so that it dos not cover the entire screen of the application like in the below sceenshot

make the ListView list shorter???
limitLVheight

What I get now using a dummy location for the user (green marker) and your csv file.

So what am l doing wrong, how come to you its working

The text box is showing where Carr Saunders building is the issue is now the route

The above images show where l got the API and where l input it in the application

I think I know why. That sometimes happens with ORS directions..
Wait and I will post two different Projects; one using Navigate, the other without Navigate.
you can try. You will have to type your Token in the Blocks to use the Navigate version. The other example should just work.

Load each of these examples and test with Companion

Example without Navigate

Zimbabwe_Univ__withooutNavigate.aia (7.2 KB)

Example with Navigate that should work after you insert your ORS token (the ApiKey Block is in the File1.GotText event handler.)

Zimbabwe_Univ_Diret_fixed.aia (8.0 KB)

If you do not get the desired result immediately either wait for the gps to get a satellite fix or press the Building name again after a few seconds.

OK now, what happens for each example please.

should l load them on a new project or the current one am working on

simply just download the aia's and load them as they are. These are new complete Projects
importaia2

on it

It working l just have to pan the coordinates of the university to the app so that it opens directly on campus

1 Like