Create a list of Videos and Play any one

I could not play a video. I dont know what is the error. Video screen is black even after pressing a button.
List is filled with file names.
Kndly help,

It would really help if you provided an updated screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Here is the block code. There is not much change compared to ealier one.

This:

doesn't look right ?

Should you be splitting the item not the global PlayList and then returning the last element of the split list ?

Learn to debug your blocks. .
If something does not work, create some blocks as simple as possible...
For example take one of the paths from the list manually, set the source and play..

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

You probably need a clock timer to allow the source time to get set.

Try this:

note: the videos are very short.
this is just a demo so the videos are copied to Movies from the assets on initialise
not sure why you needed a listview or the other buttons and labels?
Tested on companion Android 9 & 13

VideoPlayer.aia (87.7 KB)

Alternatively, if you just want to select a video from the listview and play that:

Try this one:

Blocks

Thank you,
Let me implement & check.

Olá , gostaria de fazer um app que busca arquivos mp4 numa pasta mp4 , quando eu digitar o numero da musica ao pressionar um botao ela toca automaticamente em fullscrean , é possivel,?

Which number? (ListView.SelectionIndex ?)

VideoPlayer.FullScreen = true

nao entendo muito de appinventor ,sou novato ,numeros aleatorios , ai gostaria que quando eu digitasse um numero que fica numa pasta que eu escolher onde ta as musicas,ai ela toca automaticamente quando eu clicar pra reproduzir ela em tela cheia
Obrigado pela resposta

tentei adicionar uns bloco , mas nao estou entendendo a logica dos bloco , ta muito dificil entender e terminar esse projeto .....

blocks
OKEMP4.aia (1.2 MB)

You should learn some basics first.

1 Like

Ola , quais bloco posso adicionar em meu projeto para quando eu clicar numa textbox , digitar um numero do video que esta numa determinada pasta? e quando eu clicar em play abrir e reproduzir automaticamente e fullscrean , poderia me ajudar?

OKEMP4.aia (1.2 MB)

blocks

please could be speak in english for try to help?

Hello, what blocks can I add to my project so that when I click on a text box, I type a video number that is in a certain folder? and when I click on play it opens and plays automatically and in full screen, could you help me?