Convert a dynamic website to an android app

Hi TimAI2, So, how to write a chat system that works with Smartphones and my website, like WhatsApp?
Thanks. :smile:

As I suggested, the you can use the chat app inside the webview of your site. I am pretty certain it is not possible to run an App Inventor app on a website in the way you propose (though someone may prove me wrong, in which case you will have your answer)

?

What about the Kodular function which creates web applications? Isn't that what the author needs?

Hi TimAI2,

I thought I just create a social network app on my website without needing to use the Android online emulator since I just need to add my url on the webview of my android site, right?

Can you also give me an idea how to create a social network website in php & mysql that is better than Linkedin or Facebook?

Thank you!

If I could do that then I would be a very rich man , :smirk:

2 Likes

Hi TimA12,

Can you show me how to to start creating any social network website like instagram, or etc with code examples? :grin:

Can you answer my previous question?= I thought I just create a social network app on my website without needing to use the Android online emulator since I just need to add my url on the webview of my android site, right?

Thanks!

Sorry, I cannot. I know very little, if anything, about social networks, they are of no interest to me.

To answer your question, if you create a suitable (for App Inventor webviewer) website on your server, then you can display this in the webviewer in an App Inventor app. I do not understand what you mean by "android site" ?

Hi TimAI2,
What types of apps are you interested in?
Android site means a website on a browser on a mobile device.
Do you mean if I create an MIT app, I can display my chat app (created from my website hosted in a shared hosting) on a mobile device by putting my url on the MIT webviewer? Do you mean a shared hosting server about what you said about "server"? Which hosting provider are you using to host your website?
Am I right that I can create php website with mysql database from my website hosted in a shared hosting without using an MIT app to create an app for publishing to a google playstore since I can add my url website in the MIT webviewer? But will mysql database be able to work properly to display such as school records on any mobile device like how it display the school records on a browser?
Thank you.

WebView in appinventor is very primitive and doesn't handle everything. You would have to test yourself. For my part, I can also recommend a better browser:
http://sunnythedeveloper.epizy.com/2020/05/13/customwebview-an-extended-form-of-web-viewer/

Hi Patryk,
What to type on all the empty textboxes such as?=
Can you send me these codes?
Thanks.

You could start by trying the link to W3 schools I gave you earlier. Note, we are primarily here to help solve problems you may have coding with App Inventor.

Hi,

What if I found an idea that can only be programmed and designed in an MIT app and which I want it to added to my website also for my visitors to click on it and use it from the website on a browser on a computer? Thanks

jaz

This forum is based on discourse, which you could add to your website as a fully operational chat service, with storage etc already accounted for:

... food for thought.