CompCreator - DynamicComponents compatibility

That technique I use it on below/above the first big aia... And it took me about 600 blocs... :exploding_head: The last .aia it have about 200 blocks.

BTW... I just discovered the fact that DynamicComponents it is compatible with KevinkunEnhance. .SetAsCard for example but is not compatible with CompCreator.SetValue! :exploding_head:

As Spain approved last year the euthanasia rights law... I hope that I will not use this right that I have it... due to the compatibility, not compatibility, crashes, or glitches in the matrix that I am able to generate on the way to do this app...

@TIMAI2 Can I ask you if you know an estimated price range that can cost me somebody to make an extension like DragAndDrop?! I searched here on AI2 and on Kodular but without success, I only found prices $5-$10 for an extension... And for me seems to be unreal. Making an extension took time... I don't know if $10 compensates that time... Only if it is sold to at least 100 people.

Don't understand this works just fine

DynamicComponents... with something like that... CompCreator.SetValue gives error... width, high, aligns...

The below blocks works, if I change the decoration with above, give error.

Nope, still no issue:

What was the error ?

The error is that you are not understanding me... The language barrier?! I speak about DynamicComponents together with CompCreator together with KevinkunEnhance...

Look carefully please at the last two images!

:innocent:

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to log in on a WordPress website with API

1. CompCreator is inspired from DynamicComponent, even some code is from it. But there is no need to use them both mixed up.
  2. if you really want give the component an ID, and retrieve the component by ID, you just use a dictionary:
  3. the Children and Parent function will not work if you use DragAndDrop. you need to implement that by yourself.

What do you mean? How "you need to implement that by yourself?" As I implement the logic above?

Not giving up here.

You said above:

You also said that when you use your decorationArrangements procedure it gave an error / crashed the companion/apk

I have tested, and this procedure works just fine in companion app:

My aim here is to help you, but also to disprove some of your unfounded assumptions made about the extensions you are using. You make many assumptions without providing any proof that these are correct or otherwise.

As previously advised, if you are getting crashes or errors, then use adb logcat to show you why the crash / error occurs.

For that reason, I want to thank you thousands of times. Let's make it as simple as possible.

I present you two cases, one that works as expected, and another that gives an error (and the error).

1. Case one - perfect working. Please, only pay attention to how I create the RED one arrangement.

I create that arrangement with the DynamicComponents!!! - This part you miss!!!

The blocks:

1. Case two - the error situation. I changed the method on the RED-generated Arrangement.

And the error!

Unfortunately, you are anchored on creating the arrangement with CompCreator and you don't see the fact that I created the arrangement with DynamicComponent!!!

This kind of thing, (stuck on don't see details) it happening (remember when I don't see the Text block...)... is not a problem, my time is honestly at your disposition. I want to learn.

As previously advised, don't mix and match two dynamic component extensions, just use one.

Shortest...

DynamicComponent!!!

Don't work with CompCreator.SetValue!!!

I see it now, But unfortunately, I must choose from both worlds what is good and for that, I must test for errors. The problem is when I identify an error on an extension and the author disappears! Not all authors of the extensions are Kevinkun!!! For that, I must thank you again, Kevin.

I wondered at one time in the past... Why somebody that can create such wonderful extensions like CompCreator, DynamicComponents, DragAndDrop, and so on... Not make those extensions "complete" and "bugs free"!!!

And the only answer that I found is the fact that a single person is unable to see/think in all scenarios possible. For that reason, it was invented the teamwork! More heads more performance.

I can't afford to make affirmations about AI2 framework, but I can afford to make affirmations about how will be the iESN framework.

As one of the goals of the iESN framework will be the creation of ECU's documentation, ECU's connectors/functions and documentation, before documentation/functions and so on... will be publicly accessible for all users to use, al... but all... will be carefully analyzed by an iESN system real professional team and validated or not.

If that documentation/function will respect the best practice guide (about how to... help.. documents... veracity... exactity... and so on) provided by the iESN system, it will almost certainly be approved. If not... well in that case it will be work for nothing, for the user that makes this.

Teamwork is a cornerstone of today's framework, in fact, the important attribute of that teamwork is the quality not the quantity!

All the above and more will demonstrate the respect that the iESN system will have for the people who use the iESN system, for their time. In fact, the iESN system will be only what users that will use that system are... real professionals in a big world formed by pseudo professionals.

If you want, I can explain to you the difference between those terms.

There you go again.

The bugs, if indeed they are bugs, are in your coding, not the extensions....there may be features in the extensions that are not available, but that is something completely different.

I am done here now.

again, do not mix up two dynamic component extension.

if you really want to use two toghter, do not use compcreator. setvalue, but use the build -in Any Component block.

Ok, I understand.

As I want to use DynamicComponent in some places, I want to create a procedure for them to "decorate", equivalent to that I created for CompCreator:

As follows (it works as expected).

In the same dictionary, I want to add the proprieties that Kevin uses on the "set as card" on KevinKuhnEnhance, as in the example from here where I see the Elevation, doesn't work.

How can be used the proprieties that Kevin uses on "SetAsCard" in the approach with the dictionary?

set properties only support native properties, I think.

use enhance. setElevation.

1 Like

Thank you, Kevin, it was the only way that I discovered it.

Redesigned the decoration for CompCreator and Native Arrangements (Horizontal/Vertical).

Both of them work like a charm.

@Kevinkun It can't be obtained the list of children's dynamically created components from Screen1?