Check if value in cloud DB changed while app is NOT running and create push notification?

Hello everbody,
I´m trying to find a solution for the following problem.
I want to check if a value in cloud DB has changed and if so there should be created a push notification. Up to this point no problem, but all this has to happen in the background, when the app is not running.
I tried a few extensions, but it didn´t really work.
Is this possible at all and if so, which extension do I need to realize this background task?
(btw...I´m from Germany and my English is not so good, so sorry for that)

Which ones? App Inventor apps do not run in the background without using an extension.

You can try Open Source • Background Tasks: Itoo

Then you want a push notification :cry: ,, another extension is required and it may not work as you expect.

Maybe but possibly not.. You could use a StayAwake routine instead of running in the background and just check if a value in cloud DB has changed use if statements and the provided CloudDB tools.

That means, that the app is alwyas running?

yes, never sleeps :astonished:

Here is how you might code a Stay Awake block routine using a Notifier

or you could use Taifun’s Tools Extension: https://puravidaapps.com/tools.php

Using either an extension or a block routine drains your device battery rapidly . These work around methods are not running the app in the Background, they force the app
screen to stay open .

That´s not really a good solution.
I forgot to mention the platform: One UI Vers. 5.0 Android 13 (and it should work on little lower platforms)

I already tried this, but maybe I´m to stupid :see_no_evil:

I´m just testing Taifun´s AlarmManager extension and it seems to work nice from the background. Therefore I think I have a solution for the notification. Left is the problem with checking CloudDB´s value in the background...