chatGPT API key maybe?

My gosh, StevenJ and AbrahamG are so awesome. :+1:

I asked about ChatGPT in another topic. It was handled so well, so swiftly.

I would totally understand if you can't help me with this. But, I gotta ask:

Do you think you can possibly tell me how to get an API key to use? I looked through the site that OpenAI provided, but I cannot figure out how to get an official API key. I hope I'm on the right track with this. I am completely new to the use of any API. But, I am confident that I can figure out how to use the provided blocks. :+1:If I can't get a new API key, then what else can I do?

Man, you guys are so great.

Kind Regards,
Steven Rice

1 Like
3 Likes

Q2: How do I obtain an API key?

A2: @Dayron_Miranda was generous enough to give us a few steps. Not all countries support OpenAI though, for example, we Chinese do not get to use OpenAI.

1. Go to the OpenAI website (https://openai.com/ ).
  2. Click on the “Developers” button in the top right corner of the page.
  3. Click on the “API” button in the top right corner of the page.
  4. Click on the “Get API Key” button in the top right corner of the page.
  5. Fill in the required information and click on the “Create API Key” button.
  6. Once you have your API key, you can test GPT chat by using one of the many libraries or sample codes available on the OpenAI website, or by making a call to the API endpoint directly with the API key. In this instance, copy the API key for this extension to work.
1 Like

Man, Mr StevenJ, you just get better and better. Thanks. :+1:

1 Like

It's right in the FAQ of the topic, please check if for other similar queries. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help. I got it working great today. I found a great YT video that explains exactly what I needed. : Create an AI ChatBot App with OpenAI's ChatGPT in MIT App Inventor || AI ChatBot || MIT App Inventor - YouTube

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.