Camera image wrong orientation

@ewpatton Sorry to bother you but i'm using the PersonalImageClassifier and I have a problem with Samsung phones, I classify an image with the "camera" component, the blocks take.picture , after.picture and the photo is rotated in the webviewer, how can I rotate the photo and display it correctly?

Try adding a button that says "rotate image" and when it is clicked have it run image.rotation to image.rotation + 90

I just tried it and it works.

Here is a video of it working:

thanks @ewpatton , after your message I tried with the Taifun image extension and it works, I used the "rotate" and "after.rotate" blocks and it works, thanks again and @TIMAI2 sorry for breaking the community rules

You appear to be using Kodular. please ask on the community for that builder.

Closing....

2 Likes

Since I think this is valuable to address I will note it here. Because of the physical integration of the camera hardware on some phones, it is sometimes the case that for performance reasons the camera captures an image in its "default" orientation and sets a bit in the image asserting such. Unfortunately, App Inventor doesn't really handle this condition well since it assumes that the image is oriented correctly. Some extension may allow you to rotate the image prior to further processing.

1 Like