Call Firebase to get taglist doesn't work

I was trying to create a register function. I want to to let it check whether the username is already exist or not by using the call firebase get taglist and when firebase gettaglist. I tried so many method and watch every video on YouTube did it the same as they do, but it doesn’t work. Is it a bug or just my block’s problem?

1 Like

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to achieve,
what you have done so far, what works, what doesn’t work…

Please show your relevant blocks,
if relevant, your data or lists,
screenshots of the Designer screen or app in action,
so we can see what you are trying to do…

Right Click in Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”
for the best image of your blocks.

he was talking about this

1 Like

i’ve got the same issue ! If somone can debug us it will be very nice thx :slight_smile:

See here:

read all the way to the end!

1 Like

I did exactly the same but it doesn’t work. I don’t understand why ??

What is the value of TaglistCheck/taglistCheck?

it’s false in 2 case my bad !!! i will correct it right now, thanks a lot

i change the value of tagListCheck same as you do but nothing happend on firebase, i can’t register anything on it, do you have an idea about what happend? did i miss something (again) ?

It is tricky, because it is a one time thing.
When the app is installed, for the first time, the value of taglistCheck will be false (and the taglist will be empty*) - therefore directly saving the user details to firebase, and setting the value of taglistCheck to true. For the next entry the value being true, will call the taglist and check the username against the existing tags.

• caveat - with multiple users/devices, there is the possibility that a username can be overwritten.
1 Like

I have now reworked the logic on this for a better solution, that will also work for multiple devices

Please use this.

1 Like

thank you so much for your help you debug me so much! i understand how it’s work now, i will try to do the login part with this methode. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, I need help. I'm new in the learning of MIT App inverter. I want to retrieve all the data, saved in my firebase database. In this block, there are two buttons of name "value" and "all_value". The first button is used to get a single value which is working fine. The second button is used to get all data in the firebase database. Please help me.

In order to get all values you try the following blocks

and then use when FirebaseDB1.GotValue with a combination of if..then statements