Button.LongClick triggers also Button.Click event / bug

It should work this way:

I, and probably many others, will be bemused by all of this. I rarely use the long click feature, but when I do, I do not suffer from this "bug" you have created, it just works as expected, a quick press for click, a longer press for long click. Because this works as expected, I am not too sure what all the fuss is about?

Because when you touch down the button android needs some time to think whether it should be treated as Click() but still if you don't touch up then android calls LongClick() event.
Here the Click() event should get overriden when you long click.It means Click() is called but you don't get any callback for it.

Is it really necessary to start the whole discussion all over again? :upside_down_face: :thinking: :frowning_face:

We are talking about that:

grafik

Which also works just fine....

No, check this: buttonLongClick.aia (2.0 KB)

Blocks

I have just tested it, it works fine in my project here

Doesn't it look like this (after making a long click)?

grafik

No, just the longclick label appears

I checked it on several devices (Android 5, 8, 9, 11).
So let's better stop this and see if @ewpatton has anything to say about it.

This is on a 10, I will test with 11.

Works OK on 11 too.

Are you testing on real devices? If so, which?

10 and 11 for real devices, and 10 on genymotion emulator as well.

Try this:

Make a long click on one of the buttons and post a screenshot.
I don't believe it until I see it! :upside_down_face:

(Just tested on a Galaxy S3 / Android 4.3: same result.)

Generally, LongClick should be called LongTouch, because the event is executed while holding the button, not after releasing it. So I think clicking is press and release, then the Click event is triggered, whether the button is held long or short. However, in my opinion the event is wrongly named, which is misleading.

I get this on all my test devices (and there are a lot, 16 real devices: Android 4x, 5x, 7, 8.x, 9, 10, 11):

Found the difference. I had empty (not disabled) click and longclick event blocks in my editor. This was preventing the click event from firing.

This is really annoying because we are wasting an unnecessary amount of time.
You said you tested my aia, but it wasn't true.

We should remove all unnecessary and confusing posts here so as not to make it harder for Evan.