Beta version of BLE extension for Android 12 permission changes

then, is it mean no way to use "advertisement" for now? (without APK studio?)

thank you for your support :slight_smile:

sorry but i tried with AI2 first, and i hoped its work with kodular and tried. so screenshot was.
whatever both are not working.

to start scanning and immediately trying to connect to a device does not make much sense, does it?

Unbenannt3

try to use the DeviceFound event to connect
Unbenannt2

Taifun

it was just for dummy for get permission when first run.

sometimes its asking permission when the just openned first time(without any actions), but sometimes its not asking. so i made button to activate. i don't know actual condition of these differences but i guess its from minimum SDK level or just AI2<->kodular build conditions.

ofc im using as you shown for event to find devices.

the problem and my purpose is to make permission for "BLUETOOTH_ADVERTISE".

thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

... that should be the Classic BT BluetoothClient block, not the BLE block, as per Anke's post.

You should then place a .Connect block in a way (unobtrusive and separate from your blocks/procedures) that avoids a Connection error / ConnectionFailed.

do you mean like perfectly seperated, cannot use?

whatever it worked :slight_smile:

maybe ewpatton fixed it

grafik

And this procedure, of course, is not used anywhere.

then it was right. thank you!

Thanks.
If you need beta tester, let me know.

Hello,
I have read 4 threads regarding the connection issue which is from the latest version of AppInventor.
I worked on a mini program on Feb 15, 2023 which worked perfectly. Today it shows the error message:
" Need android.permission.BLUETOOTH_SCAN permission for AttributionSource { uid = 10267, packageName = edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3, attributionTag = null, token = android.os.BinderProxy@76115b5, next = null }: AdapterService isDiscovering "

I tested the same mini program on the AppInventor beta version the message is identical.
I also added the extension :
Bluetooth Low Energy
Extension Version: 20230223-beta
Date Built: 2023-02-23
=> Same error message. I'm at an impasse.

test.aia (250.2 KB)

Try this and post screenshots.

I tested your app apk and put the result without the other thread.
Regarding the bluetooth problem with Android 12, how can we get around the blockage?
This work is a school project and I have to find a solution to overcome this dysfunction.
I tested the application with an old tablet under Android 4, same error. What workaround can we use please?

I tested your app apk and put the result in the other thread (sorry).

I use the Using the beta .aix and testing with issues on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite running on Android 13

. Please have a look.
BLE_Beta_20230403A.aia (294.5 KB)

Here are additional screen shot and the video capture

Version 20201223 is working. Beta not working

Phone model:
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Miui 14
Android 13
Problem: it can scan for devices, but won't connect. tried connect with index and connect with mac.
errors: "Connection timeout", "connection status was set to OS code 4"

Phone model:
Xiaomi Mi6
Lineage
Android 10
Problem: it can scan for devices, but won't connect. tried connect with index and connect with mac.
errors:
"Connection timeout", "connection status was set to OS code 133"

version 20201223 here is binding on both. I haven't tested sending and receiving data yet.

My code blocks are as in the standard recipe.

Here is an updated beta version of the BluetoothLE extension. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test this on an Android 12 device yet, so make sure to back up your projects before you upgrade.

edu.mit.appinventor.ble.aix (202.1 KB)

1 Like