Best method for storing and reading a folder that contains around 11k images with total of 1Gbyte

My preference was to to store to the SD card, but it seems that we don't have access to the SD card for Android > 10.

I have copied it to the Documents folder but having trouble reading from it. I did a search but could not find a clear answer...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

Is this only for your own use Naji? If so, you could probably store them in the App's ASD (App Specific Folder), but you would have to use the App to get them there - where are they before the get to your phone? You may be able to access them from the phone's images folder, or failing that, access them from the documents folder via an Extension:

A better solution, especially if the App is to be distributed, is to have the App download 'on demand' from a Server, or from a Google Drive. Using on demand requires the App to have an Internet connection (WiFi) and only the images required at a moment in time would be downloaded for viewing.

Finally, if you have your own Website, you could set the images in web pages and view the site from the App.

1 Like

you have access to shared storage see also

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

Chris,

The App will be distributed. Although having access to the internet is a plus, it is not required for the App to function.

I read that the SAF extension requires the user to select a folder... With a distributed app that might be a challenge for users to get correct.

Taifun,

Based on the chart, I should be able to read from the Documents folder with the "READ_STORAGE PERMISSION"

I'll try again to see if I can make it work. If not, I'll post the appropriate block for comments.

Looks like "READ_STORRAGE PERMISSION" did the trick. I'm able to read the file successfully.

Thanks guys...

1 Like

How are you going to distribute the app ? 1GB of images will never fit into an app....

1 Like