Beginner trying to reproduce an SMSApp video

Here is what Wikipedia says :
*Message delivery is "best effort", so there are no guarantees that a message will actually be delivered to its recipient, but delay or complete loss of a message is uncommon, typically affecting less than 5 percent of messages.[44] *Some providers allow users to request delivery reports, either via the SMS settings of most modern phones, or by prefixing each message with 0# or N#. However, the exact meaning of confirmations varies from reaching the network, to being queued for sending, to being sent, to receiving a confirmation of receipt from the target device, and users are often not informed of the specific type of success being reported
per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS

Here is what StackOverflow says https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47128972/how-does-sms-work-with-android-devices

1 Like

That's why fact of message being sent or not is not what concerns me. Maybe apart from that while batch sending huge amount of messages without any delay there are much higher risk of something will not be sent (and probably it will more likely stuck on messaging app not on SMS service overall). What I'm trying to figure out is that why some (in fact one...) of us do have these messages sent and visible as copies in any other messaging app while rest don't.

It is more professionally said what I said above - There is shared place where all messages are being stored when sent or received and apps like Google Messages are just client for looking into that that's why messaging history is to be seen interchangeably between different clients. Something like web browsers - where you can see same website no matter if you're using safari, chrome or internet explorer.

I also given storage permissions to the app so it could maybe access that place in phone memory where messages are stored but no... it doesnt help with saving copies.

Perhaps he/she uses a different cell service provider or different Android os version?

As for different carrier - yes he has different carrier but my personal phone (which at some point I also tried to run that app to see if history is stored) is on the same network as one of my colleague. As for Android. I tried it on both A11 and A10. And his moto E3s was also on A10 as far as I know.

Hello TIMAI2.
I just used your script and blocks above you posted 2.5 years ago that helped another user. I tweaked it to be English language for me and I thought I finally fixed MY errors/bugs. I even got a message on my google sheet the 'sms message sent". However the message apparently did not send. I think I am missing the parameter associating it to my messenger app. I have been working on trying to build this (as a newbie) for some several weeks, found your script, and it works better. My brain is tired now. I just cant figure out what parameter I'm missing to connect it back. Can you assist me please?

You will need to provide your blocks, apps script and sheet layout, so we can see what you are attempting. The example above does not include sending an SMS so this part is important to show.

1 Like

I just got home but haven't attempted my fix yet that I thought of after sleeping on it. I think my REAL issue is I associated to my Google Voice phone number that I wanted my messages to be sent from to an account that is no longer attached to a direct phone number. but anyway Here are my blocks and my google sheet code though. I use a separate mobile just for wifi and thought I could use the inactive phone for voice messaging override. I'm going to try in a few minutes but... Of course I gave myself a migraine i've been fighting at work thinking about this. ha.

1. Give your procedure called procedure a better name! (sendText?)

2. Your updateGoogleSheet procedure might be sending requests too fast? Let the first one finish (responseContent ?) before you send the next.

3. Perhaps the same (2) could be said for your sending of text messages. Unfortunately there is no direct event for this so you may need to use a clock timer.

In summary, your blocks are in too much of a hurry trying to get everything done at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks. It seems you did build ina SMS Send Delay. (see attach) It did give me a warning box before sending but I did I put in 15 seconds delay. When I checked my google sheet it said everything sent but no one received anything. I honestly think it's on my end on not doing the "Voice" part right as I tried my best to research before asking questions, also but I will change the procedure name. :smile:

sms delay  app image

Me ?

Where did I do that? It is not in this topic...

wth. i'm totally positng under the wrong topic. i searched your name to make sure you were still active. Beginner trying to reproduce an SMSApp video - #30 by TIMAI2 <--- this is topic i meant to post under

I thought we going a bit off base. Moving...

Use the revised aia I posted above, things are quite different...