Background Tasks extension [3.8 A] 🥳

Can you publish the blocks to play foreground using your new extension.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi all, is there any suggestions about the extension?

Improve it to make it easy with fewer blocks or any other way you would recommend for creating functions, components else any better way of doing things..?

Hi How Can i Add An if to the app, like : if Time is 14:35 than send notification.
Greate Work!
Tapps

i see you already answered Thanks!

Yes, you can just set convert the time to to remaining milli seconds and pass it as the latency of the start service parameter. :slight_smile:

Background Tasks 3.4 A

Another exciting update is here with features and bug fixes! :grin:
There may be a few bugs in the release, if you find them, let me know :sweat_smile:

• Periodic tasks

• Wanted to run a task every interval? The periodic task is the choice! :upside_down_face:

Periodic tasks will run the service with the given interval with a minimum interval which is 15 minutes (after Android oreo). This functionality cannot be used with latency. Latency should be set to zero.

17.07.2021_19.17.37_REC

• Boot listener

• The extension already has the ability to start the service automatically if the phone is booted. But the booth even was not possible. This update adds functionality to start a service when the phone is rebooted or switched on.

17.07.2021_19.21.08_REC

If you set the Id to "777" while using the above block, the tasks will be saved and be executed when the boot is completed.

• Multiple events

• In the previous versions, the extension would just use the listen to the last registered event. Using multiple events on it was not possible. This is now fixed.

• Flags feature

• Flags are to pass any extra values or to change the behaviour of the service. There are currently three flags.

• FOREGROUND_IMPORTANT Marks the foreground state of the service as important using the internal API.

• IGNORE_FIRST_PERIODIC_RUN Ignores the first periodic run which gets immediately fired when the service is started. Make sure to stop the service before starting it again if you are using periodic tasks, else it may misbehave.

• ACTIVITY_NO_KILL The flag is to stop the tasks (like the player) from being killed when the app is alive and the service is being killed.

• Change event values

• Now you can change the invoke values before sending it to any function if you are using the ExtraFunction block to handle events.

For this, you will need to have a basic knowledge of Java. The same can be done to variables from now on. They will be changed when the result is true.

• Deprecation

• The block CreateComponentOnUi is now deprecated. All the components will be created on the UI thread from now on.

Download extension: com.kumaraswamy.tasks.aix (464.9 KB)

1 Like

Great update!

1 Like

Background Tasks 3.5 A

Feature request

• Alarm

Alarm

A block to start the service with the exact instant provided. ID is the service Id that will get started when the alarm is fired.

• Repeating alarm

Screenshot 2021-07-18 at 14-51-04 MIT App Inventor

Sets the repeating alarm for the service with the Id. Time is the instant. Interval is the time between each repeating alarm.

• Cancel alarm

Screenshot 2021-07-18 at 14-51-04 MIT App Inventor

Cancels the pending/ongoing alarm. Also, cancel the service by CancelTask block.

Demo blocks

Blocks to show a notification with alarm blocks.

The blocks are the same for App Inventor

Download extension: com.kumaraswamy.tasks.aix (467.4 KB)

2 Likes

ask the question,sorry
I want to use notifier in background
but it doesn't work
Here is my block code
Please help me

Hi, please update to the new version of the extension. It will not be needed to use the CreateComponentsOnUi block.

Resolve activity block is to ask for special permissions needed and it does not start the service. You are not starting it, so it doesn't run.

Also, the component "time" is redundant.

OK thank you for your reply,I remove the clock and resolve activity block,but it still not work,here is my current blocks

,if I lost any blocks please teach me how to finish it,thank you very much

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 09-33-49 MIT App Inventor

Use this block. You are not starting the service.
Latency is set to 5000 ms.

It works pretty good,thank you answers me the question。thank you for your work

1 Like

Background Tasks 3.6 HOTFIX :partying_face:

• [FIXED] Event issue which in some cases, for components like Proximity sensor the app would crash. This was because the event was fired too early for the extension to handle the event.

Nothing more than this fix :sweat_smile:

Download the extension: com.kumaraswamy.tasks.aix (468.3 KB)

1 Like

Plz give permission to use in appathon

1 Like

You can use it!

2 Likes

I, Kumaraswamy, attest that I am the author of the
Background Tasks extension, grant that the extension included in project
is free and that MIT has a non-exclusive irrevocable license to
republish the extension as part of the project file for the purposes of
the MIT App Inventor Appathon 2021.

2 Likes

hello sorry, can you show me your blocks? I too can't get SimpleNotification to work

i don't understand where this block goes ... i can't get it to work

Hi Iomedesimo, use that block at the last.